• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mobile Broadband contract - What laws are in place ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Broadband contract - What laws are in place ?

Hi

I'm involved in an extremely fractious dispute with Vodafone. The dispute arises out of a default for £80 on my credit file out of a disputed bill. The reason I disputed because the charges were becoming ridiculous. I requested a detailed breakdown of the invoices. VF only provide a daily summary of a broadband bill , so when got a bill for 1GB usage on a certain day that I didn't use internet then I think I was entitled to see what was behind bill. VF have confirmed that they could of provided that detailed bill but can't now as the bills only back 12 months

I terminated the contract in March 2011. Between March 2011 AND May 2011 , I made 4 communications to Vodafone , including a letter which they say they never received , a call to their customer support , 2 calls to their debt agency. Each one emphasizing that I required a detailed breakdown of my bill. I was told by the customer services team that they would look into and get back to me

I heard nothing about this until I realized in July 2012 that there was a default on my credit file. I asked Experian to look into but they are useless. I'm a contractor so I was worried about applying for jobs with this on my file however as I was in work I put it to the back of mind possibly put off by the thought of dealing with VF.

Fast forward to 2013 , I applied mortgage , a new contract and a business account. The first 2 fell through because of the default and it was only impossible to bank account open. I realize then that I needed to get this removd. My feelings that would very frustrating was well justified

The customer team were useless. The legal dept replied back to say that there was no record of any communication since March 2011
    To be fair the actual broadband account was lacking information but I knew I contacted them. I then needed to prove I communicated with them. In addition to finding the letter I was able to prove through my mobile phone records that I did indeed contact VF

VF accept that I did communicate with them but still persist in having the default. They claimed that one of calls was a technical breach of data protection because they tried to claim the default should of registered before the missed communication , that was ridiculous.

I have disappointed on the help available regarding this case if somebody could please answer the following

My argument is VF failed to record communication that would if recorded accurately have shown this to be disputed account NOT a delinquent account and they had no right to register that default without resolving my complaint. The original complaint is now largely irrelevant.

What I would love to know is

1. What laws govern a mobile phone contract ? I read elsewhere on this site that CCA doesn't apply to mobile phone contracts.
    2. What are VF obliged to do before registering a default. FCA are very clear that with a disputed account that the company can take no further action until the complaint is resolved. VF claim that this doesn't apply to them

If anybody could help I would appreciate. However please don't quote that VF have a responsibility to future lenders to maintain a credit file , they also have a responsibility to me to make sure I'm treated fairly.

Thnaks
    Tags: None

Re: Mobile Broadband contract - What laws are in place ?

Hi silverapple,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

So I can take a closer look at things, email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - FAO Lee in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X