• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sec 75 vs Small Claims Court (Used Car)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sec 75 vs Small Claims Court (Used Car)

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice as to which route to take regarding a refund for a faulty used car. I have evidence the car was faulty when I bought it and that the seller lied about repairs he had carried out, however the seller seems determined to make the process as painful and drawn out as possible. I have spoken to Barclaycard who are sending me a form to make a Sec 75 claim however I have seen from other forums this can be a lengthy process as well - and I don't want pursuing one to have a negative effect if i have to go down the other route.

If anyone has got any advice to offer me I would be very grateful.

Re: Sec 75 vs Small Claims Court (Used Car)

Originally posted by RACHT44 View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone has any advice as to which route to take regarding a refund for a faulty used car. I have evidence the car was faulty when I bought it and that the seller lied about repairs he had carried out, however the seller seems determined to make the process as painful and drawn out as possible. I have spoken to Barclaycard who are sending me a form to make a Sec 75 claim however I have seen from other forums this can be a lengthy process as well - and I don't want pursuing one to have a negative effect if i have to go down the other route.

If anyone has got any advice to offer me I would be very grateful.
    In my view you'd be much better off making the sec 75 claim which will probably be much simpler and quicker. Going to court is never straight forward and can be time consuming and stressful.

Also if the sec 75 claim is refused you have the option of complaining to the Financial Ombudsman. If this fails you can still take the matter to court.

See attached for sec 75 info.
    Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X