• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How can I get time to pay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get time to pay?

I have a van on HP...well its not HP but someone told me it is the same just worded different...I have the log book but cannot sell the van as it belongs to the finance company Santander...I have to pay £253 a month for 4 years and then the van is 100% mine.
    Anyway...Due to illness (spinal problems,had 1 op,still being investigated and may need more) and being unable to work and waiting now 26 weeks now for the right gov benefits...I have fallen behind with payments...I owed £533 and had a default notice letter saying pay by the 14th march, I paid all I could get together (from NBS cheaque on other thread) which was £400...the guy said that should keep them off my back for a while,when can you pay the rest as another £253 is due on the 22nd...I said I will have the full amount at £400 -ish on the 28th of this month,yesterday...I dont have anything yet and it will be at least a week until I have anything...I am trying to sell more belongings,tools and possesions but it takes time...And ,anyday soon, proberbly in as much as 4 weeks time...I WILL be recieving a big fat backdated payment from DWP ...so I can pay soon...And I am disabled,cannot walk far and have no accsess to public transport...let alone at least 4 hospital appointments coming up and all over 30 mins drive away...I need my vehcle and can afford it once my right amount of benerfit is paid...But I think Santander will take my van away?...how can I get them to give me time ?...is there rules...I have 1 year of 4 left to pay...so im 75% paid up anyway,if that helps? and there is a good chance once i do finaly get diagnosed in a few months time that i will loose my licence due to my health,but until then its so important to me that I will do anything to keep it and not be left completely housebound.
    Any advice or rules you know of that they must go by would help please.
    Tags: None

Re: How can I get time to pay?

As well...what would happen if one morning i come down stairs to go to an mri scan appointment and my van is clamped?...I would never be able to afford the taxi to the hospitals i get refferd to, and if the scan was say in an hours time...then what?...I need my vehcle so bad it scares me so much I am thinking of parking it a distance away that may cause me harm just to get to it and from it,but hope the clampers cant find it...there must be something i can tell them and legaly get more time?

Comment

Re: How can I get time to pay?

You may be able to apply for a time order under s129 Consumer Credit Act 1974. I do not know if you would have merit in such an application, but a Time Order if granted would allow you more time to pay
      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X