• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rockwell returns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockwell returns

After a quiet few months I received the following letter from Rockwell re alleged M&S mastercard debt:

"Dear Sir,

We write in relation to the above account.

We are aware you are disputing the Credit Agreement on this account and therefore, referred the matter to our client for further investigation, We have been informed that you were sent a final response on the matter dated 23 November 2012 and therefore, you were afforded the opportunity to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) if you remained unhappy.

A further letter was sent to you dated 13 August to confirm that your points had been previously addressed and normal collections activity would continue on the account. Please find enclosed copies of these letter together with a copy of the credit agreement [once again this is an application form for their storecard].

To date, we have not received any communication from the FOS. Therefore, as your dispute has been fully addressed, we can confirm that we will not be entering into any further correspondence with you on the matter. We must advice that the balance is correct and remains outstanding.

We shall be grateful, therefore, if you will provide us with repayment of the outstanding sum within the next 30 days. If you are unable to afford full repayment at this time please complete and return the enclosed financial statement within the above mentioned 30-day-period."

They really are muppets. Do they really think that I would suddenly pay up, especially now that M&S has confirmed in writing that no consumer credit agreement exists for the mastercard? They, of course, claim that the application form they have provided me with makes the alleged debt enforceable. If they are so sure, why the heck haven't they sent the court papers?

I sent Rockwell a letter, referring to my previous correspondence, along with the Santander vs. Mayhew judgement, with the relevant bits highlighted. I also returned their income and expenditure form crossed out, making it obvious that I would not be completing it. I also made it clear that unless otherwise decided by the court, I would treat the alleged debt as unenforceable as the application for had been examined by a leading consumer rights lawyer (PT in this case).

Any further advice?

I can't wait to see what the muppets send next!
    Tags: None

Re: Rockwell returns

Originally posted by Mr $quandaŁot View Post
    We shall be grateful, therefore, if you will provide us with repayment of the outstanding sum within the next 30 days. If you are unable to afford full repayment at this time please complete and return the enclosed financial statement within the above mentioned 30-day-period."
    I sure they would be VERY grateful.

I sent Rockwell a letter, referring to my previous correspondence, along with the Santander vs. Mayhew judgement, with the relevant bits highlighted. I also returned their income and expenditure form crossed out, making it obvious that I would not be completing it. I also made it clear that unless otherwise decided by the court, I would treat the alleged debt as unenforceable as the application for had been examined by a leading consumer rights lawyer (PT in this case).
    Was this last letter in reply to that, or before you sent that?

Any further advice?
    Apart from ignore the morons?

Comment

My previous letter was pretty much the same thing, notifying Rockwell that I would not be corresponding further with them so I sent them a reminder, referring to that letter.

I guess advice of ignoring the morons might be sufficient. However, PT likes to have a good paper trail in case he is going to be defending. Most Rockwell correspondence - and indeed M&S letters - have been just going around in circles!

Comment

There is a paper trail on one hand, and pointless letter tennis on the other. As far as I can see you have set out your position clearly now, and can't really add anything substantive to it?

What else could you do apart from reply stating the same as the previous letter, and that your position on the matter remains unchanged?

Obviously if they should produce another form of agreement, or send an actual letter before claim then that may demand a response to show that you are not refusing to engage under those circumstances.

Just my take. I would ask what Paul thinks if you are concerned.

Comment

Hi Mr $quandaŁot,

I've followed this on and off for a little while now. What I'm unsure of is which letters you have sent. I assume you have a diary somewhere of these. Is there any chance of posting these up so we can see what must be a fairly extensive paper trail by now. We'll kow then if there are others you could send which we already hold as templates, or whether you would like another written - I can't see this being a difficult task.

I agree with the principle that you want to keep the communication going, as ignoring is tantamount to avoidance. :beagle:

Comment

I will prepare a diary.

I have asked your friend to put together a 'Mayhew template' i.e. what to send to creditors in case of store to credit cards. I will get in touch with Kate and see if some of my letters could be used, especially the one that Paul wrote.

All I can say is that I hope I won't be served court papers, but if I do, then I hope I get a Mayhew friendly judge!

Comment

This is the letter I sent to Rockwell:

Dear Sir / Madam

Your reference: 000xxx / xxxxxx
              My reference: Mayhew 3

Thank you for your letter dated 11 September 2013.

I refer you to my previous letter dated 29 April 2013 which clearly states my position. Your client has been notified that – short of a court claim – I now consider this matter closed.

Furthermore, your client has confirmed in writing that no consumer credit agreement exists for the alleged mastercard account. This correspondence will be shown to the judge in case of a court claim.

As the alleged agreement has been fully examined by a leading consumer rights solicitor and deemed unenforceable, I will treat it as such unless otherwise decided by the court.

Any court claim by you, your client or a third party will be vigorously defended.

This is my final response and I can confirm that I will not be entering into further correspondence with you.

Yours faithfully

Mr $quandaŁot

Comment

Not bad, but you could have told them straight!

Comment

Regards the FOS, even the FOS state that the question of unenfrceability is not within their remit: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...g-note.html#12

So their insistence that you should have gone to the FOS is utter bull. Which they surely know.

Comment

They'll know, but they hope you don't! :beagle:

Comment

I was away when this thread was posted but I'm happy to see that, although Rockwell returned, they didn't stay long!

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ht=#post375457

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X