• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

S 77 request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: S 77 request

I'm not sure I understand your thinking on the BR vs CCJ's. BR might just free you for once and for all - obviously I don't know all your circumstances though so don't mind me sticking my oar in xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Might be a plan actually jon, I'm not sure but it sounds like you are saying LV signed your agreement which was signed long before LV were linked up with MSDW ?? or am I reading far too much into what you said? probably.
      They had linked up or at least said they were prior to my loan BUT the application and default were from MS whereas the S77 agreement came from LV. I can remember sometime after the event (when they had already started chasing me for money I received a letter saying it was all going to be run by LV now. They sold on the loan pretty sharpish as well which in my experience is unusual

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
        They had linked up or at least said they were prior to my loan BUT the application and default were from MS whereas the S77 agreement came from LV. I can remember sometime after the event (when they had already started chasing me for money I received a letter saying it was all going to be run by LV now. They sold on the loan pretty sharpish as well which in my experience is unusual

mmmm - I think that warrants a SAR myself. You could always send one off without the tenner (the ICO letter template does state to come back to you if they want the stat fee) - otherwise it's waiting for court action and disclosure/inspection....which is a bit of a stress game.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I do not work, am on ESA , have no assets and 45K of debt over more creditors than I have fingers and toes . Either a CCJ or BR will add 6 years onto my already screwed credit file but the BR would clear everything once and for all. I should have done it nearly 2 years ago and even had the money at one point. I had a few issues back then and money just insisted that I spent it . TBH the bigger debts don't worry me as much as all the piddling little ones , between 200 and £1000. I know that is not a piddling amount of money but compared to the 15K and the 6K etc they are

Comment

Its a no brainer really isn't it? All that stress can't be good for you.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

It's a no brainer if you have the money to pay for BK. My experience has been that the really hard bit was accepting BK as a good thing to happen, not a shameful thing (just my upbringing!) and talking to my family about it. Once acceptance had taken place fully, it matters not one jot to me whether I'm made BK or the debts become SB - ultimately both achieve the same end.

Acceptance of BK being a REAL possibility that would be welcomed relieves a huge amount of stress in itself. Part of that acceptance is knowing you haven't got the money to do it yourself, so you have to rely on one of your creditors doing it. You then get that golden question - Why would they pay good money to help you when they would end up with nothing? Would they make you BK? Who knows, but my experience over 4-5 years has been they won't.

Remember CCJ's are written off in a BK as well. Magistrates' Court fines aren't if you've any of those. I guess this is why Amethyst can't follow your BK / CCJ thought process.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X