• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA Request - Halifax saying "unknown account number"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA Request - Halifax saying "unknown account number"

Hi, I would appreciate some advice here please?

On my 3rd request for a CCA on a loan from Halifax the Completions dept replied saying "unknown account number" and asked for the correct number, dob and address. However, this account number is definitely correct, it is the number I applied for a DMP and also the number they are sending letters chasing for repayment (solicitors still chasing even though I have letters agreeing to DMP - payments are up to date, but that's another story).

How should I reply to this letter?

Should I mention that it is the correct account number and is the number that they are chasing for repayment on or just play dumb and ask them to confirm that there is no loan with this account number?

The loan is two years old.

Thanks

D
    Last edited by d1ngle; 11th June 2013, 09:47:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: CCA Request - Halifax saying "unknown account number"

Have you got another thread with info about this loan? Because it sounds familiar, is it a loan from 2011 where they'd replied saying they couldn't find the agreement? If so, could you post the link to that other thread? I can see you have other threads where you mention sending a SAR to someone, was that also to the Halifax? :noidea:

You say you are paying on a DMP and your payments are up to date, yet you've got solicitors chasing you? Who is your DMP with? One of the 'official' debt charities or a paid for debt management outfit? :confused2:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
      Have you got another thread with info about this loan? Because it sounds familiar, is it a loan from 2011 where they'd replied saying they couldn't find the agreement? If so, could you post the link to that other thread? I can see you have other threads where you mention sending a SAR to someone, was that also to the Halifax? :noidea:

You say you are paying on a DMP and your payments are up to date, yet you've got solicitors chasing you? Who is your DMP with? One of the 'official' debt charities or a paid for debt management outfit? :confused2:
      http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ion&highlight=

Hi FlamingParrot, sorry for the confusion. The above was the first thread where I requested CCA for multiple accounts, but there was no reply. They have provided the CCA for the Credit card, but not for the loan. I have never posted saying they replied saying they couldn't provide the agreement, the first reply I had at all on the loan CCA was the one referred to in this thread"

Labman was kind enough to offer his services. All creditors agreed to the DMP and I'm paying monthly directly from my account. However, Halifax in house solicitors department (SCM?) has sent a letter chasing payment.

Comment

Sorry, I do read a lot of threads on here and it's easy to get confused, I was thinking about another thread I think...

As this loan is from 2010, it's not very clear what you hope to achieve with a CCA request, :confused2: normally you'd send one for old (pre-April 2007) accounts which could easily be unenforceable without a properly executed agreement.

You could send a SAR if you haven't done so already, SARs are person specific not account specific, so they should provide you with all data they've got under your name, not under a certain account number.

If you are on a DMP and maintaining payments, you could send SCuM a letter saying exactly that, you are making regular payments through your DMP as agreed, there's nothing further to discuss. If you're dealing with Lab, :yo: you're in good hands! :thumb:

Comment

Thanks again for the advice, the point on the CCA for this loan is that:

(1) I don't think I was ever sent one or signed one and I do not have a copy.

(2) The loan was agreed by the underwriter to Halifax only if Halifax cancelled my overdraft and credit card. I agreed, but they didn't close the accounts several months later fell in the trap of using them again. The agreement was meant to mention this.

Comment

Did you ever send a SAR? If not, you may want to send one, and it could shed more light on the subject, especially since you have several accounts, the SAR should provide you with information about everything under your name, not just one account. A copy of your agreement(s) is also supposed to be provided. With all this taking place in 2010, they have no excuse to say they only hold data for 6 years.

The actual loan agreement probably wouldn't mention the cancellation of the O/D and CC on it but there may be notes to that effect, if so, a SAR should produce them. Whether that would help you build a case for irresponsible lending is another matter.

I did something similar in 2006 so I know what you mean about 'falling in the trap': a financial advisor at the A&L pushed me to get a loan to pay off my credit card and O/D at a lower rate, the only difference was that we didn't agree to close the accounts. The O/D got paid off automatically because the loan was credited to my current account, but I didn't pay off the credit card and spent the rest instead. I still use the current account (the O/D was cut by Santander last year), the CC was sold to MBNA and I defaulted it in Jan 2010. Had to keep paying the loan because of the risk of set off (have current + savings accounts with Santander).

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X