• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Team meeting @ M&S Bank Collections department

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team meeting @ M&S Bank Collections department

I think their weekly Monday morning meeting could be a bit like this:

"Hope you all had a good weekend. The sun is finally out here in Chester. Please join me in welcoming our new team members Claire, Martin and Erica. A very warm welcome to you!

As many of you know, we are operating an arrears based collections system. When our dialler calls, the system automatically brings up the customer account details. Please note, however, that if the account is less than 90 days in arrears, you should always say that you are calling from 'M&S Bank'. If you are dealing with an account that is more than 90 days in arrears, you must say that you are ringing from 'Pre Legal Recoveries.

Pre Legal Recoveries are basically us, but we use this name to make some of our more challenging non-paying customers pay. You are supposed to achieve an 80% success rate on all the calls you make. By this I mean that you must persuade 80% of your customers to pay. Even if you get a Ł1 on their debit card that is good enough. We have some accounts that have been around all debt collection agencies I can think of and none have managed to collect. We must get them to pay, at least a Ł1. If they do pay, they acknowledge the debt. If they don't, some of these accounts will soon be statute barred and we will never get the money.

The targets are there to be exceeded. If you do not, then there's no job for you here. Last week I had to let twelve team members go.

We have recently had a few cases where a customer mentions the name Diana Mayhew. Last year Santander took Ms Mayhew to court and lost. We are practically in the same boat as Santander but we must make our customers think that all our cards are enforceable, even those store cards which we unethically and illegally upgraded to credit cards. If anyone mentions Mayhew, you must say that they are not the first one to try it on and tell them to pay. If they still argue and refuse to pay, you must tell them that they will be taken to court (even when they won't as we don't have a legal leg to stand).

Once again, please welcome Claire, Martin and Erica. I hope they all will be here this time next Monday!
    Last edited by Mr $quandaŁot; 3rd June 2013, 20:36:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Team meeting @ M&S Bank Collections department

I doubt that many of their customers would be dropping the name in question though, most of them are not quite as well informed as we are on here and would not be familiar with the case in question.

Comment

LOVE IT!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr $quandaŁot View Post
        We have recently had a few cases where a customer mentions the name Diana Mayhew. Last year Santander took Ms Mayhew to court and lost. We are practically in the same boat as Santander but we must make our customers think that all our cards are enforceable, even those store cards which we unethically and illegally upgraded to credit cards. If anyone mentions Mayhew, you must say that they are not the first one to try it on and tell them to pay. If they still argue and refuse to pay, you must tell them that they will be taken to court (even when they won't as we don't have a legal leg to stand).

Once again, please welcome Claire, Martin and Erica. I hope they all will be here this time next Monday!
        For those who don't know :rolleyes2: Plan B is the "Mayhew" in Santander vs Mayhew :bored:

I've been expecting an invitation from M & S to help with its CDP strategy for the Collections Team. I look forward to meeting Claire, Martin, Erica and any others involved in handling the 2.5 million credit cards which were sent out to existing storecard holders by M&S in 2003 on an 'inertia selling' basis. I would like to explain to the team at the Monday meeting why these accounts are 'iffy' in legal terms. If my invitation doesn't arrive perhaps I should send the Team Leader the BBC link where he can see that M&S insisted a bit was added at the bottom to say that they had no doubt the cards were issued lawfully. Well I'd like to be given the opprotunity to place that doubt in their minds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17670803

Alternatively the Team Leader can have a copy of the judgment placed on each chair at the start of the meeting for Q & A session. Paragraph 12 should create a lively discussion. For Claire, Martin and Erica's sake here's an advance copy

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/Misc/2012/14.html

Comment

Look, stuff all that - do we get tickets to your next concert or what?

:tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
            Look, stuff all that - do we get tickets to your next concert or what?

The real Plan B is my hero. He gets across the social injustice message better than me any day :director:

Did you see his film?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hfxWjUcbzs

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X