• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA request to lowells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCA request to lowells

Originally posted by Esy 1 View Post
    do you think i should send lowells a non compiant CCA request as it is over the 12 days ?
    If it was me, I'd wait till someone makes contact on their behalf, then argue they haven't complied with your lawful request. Bear in mind Lowell are not the original lender so they'll have to obtain the documents from the lender.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
      It certainly won't do any harm to send one.

When/If HC actually issue a claim against you, you will request all documents they refer to in their claim under CPR 31.14. (But ONLY after receipt of a Court Claim).

Just another question, they received this 'debt' in 2009? Did you receive any letters from them in between now and then?

Thanks will do, i have had one letter from hamptons in oct 2012, and then one on 3rd april from lowells preparing for legal action it said, so sent a CCA request on 19th april, delivered on the 22nd april.

Comment

Personally, I would also leave it unless you get more letters hassling you.

There is no right or wrong though. Do what suits you best.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
          That looks like a letter of claim, albeit a non-compliant one, and you need to respond accordingly. Send the letter below by recorded delivery.

The crux of your dispute would be that Lowells have not complied with your s.77-79 request, you can provide details about your request. As this was a Shop Direct account, it's very possible you didn't actually sign a credit agreement, as they often didn't bother with them. If you think this was the case, then you can say so. The important thing is to respond as soon as possible.
          Just a wee update ! Sent a letter to as FlamingParrot suggested on thread 7 to HC on the 2nd of may haven't recieved a reply.

Comment

do you think i should send lowells a non compiant CCA request as it is over the 12 days ?
            Originally posted by Celestine View Post
            It certainly won't do any harm to send one.

When/If HC actually issue a claim against you, you will request all documents they refer to in their claim under CPR 31.14. (But ONLY after receipt of a Court Claim).

Just another question, they received this 'debt' in 2009? Did you receive any letters from them in between now and then?

Still heard nothing also sent a non compliant CCA request to Lowells as Celestine suggested too on the 10th May and i have heard nothing from either party... :noidea:

Comment

Just a wee update ! Sent a letter to as FlamingParrot suggested on thread 7 to HC on the 2nd of may haven't recieved a reply.
              Sounds like the letter did the trick, uh? :thumb: It's been 6 weeks and they haven't issued a claim, nor have they replied, probably because they've got neither an agreement :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: nor an argument. :grin:

Comment

Still heard nothing also sent a non compliant CCA request to Lowells as Celestine suggested too on the 10th May and i have heard nothing from either party... :noidea:
                Good, that shows they haven't got a leg to stand on. There's obviously no CCA, and the Lowlifes haven't got creative professionals with psychic powers to cobble something together.

Comment

Or they're monitoring this thread and they want to stop Cel buying more overpriced shoes at their expense.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X