• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

reconstituted agreement from brighthouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reconstituted agreement from brighthouse

Hi I am New Hear, I have been having problems with brighthouse over there osc/dlc policies. I sent them a sar, and after 60 days they replied with a whole bundle of agreements, 35 in total, amongst them are 19 reconstituted, they explained that they cannot supply any of the 19. but they did send me a payment summary, and it has these missing 19 agreements showing I was charged olc/dlc to the tune of nearly £3k. how do I claim these charges back. if they don't have the original agreements. all advice would be gratefully accepted. regards. ghandijohn1
    Tags: None

Re: reconstituted agreement from brighthouse

Originally posted by ghandijohn1 View Post
    Hi I am New Hear, I have been having problems with brighthouse over there osc/dlc policies. I sent them a sar, and after 60 days they replied with a whole bundle of agreements, 35 in total, amongst them are 19 reconstituted, they explained that they cannot supply any of the 19. but they did send me a payment summary, and it has these missing 19 agreements showing I was charged olc/dlc to the tune of nearly £3k. how do I claim these charges back. if they don't have the original agreements. all advice would be gratefully accepted. regards. ghandijohn1
    Hi and welcome to Legal Beagles.

Could you enlighten as to what OSC and DLC policies are, please? By taking 60 days to comply with an SAR under the DPA, Brighthouse breached the DPA.

Did you agree to these OSC/DLC policies or were you aware that you were being charged for them?

Btw, most people who have dealt with Brighthouse tend to refer to them by a similar-sounding, but much ruder name. Answers on a postcard, please....
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

OSC/DLC is Brighthouses inhouse insurance covers which are a crock of crap,,they tell you you HAVE to have them if you don't have contents insurance,which is totally false. They have had to repay loads of people.

Comment

If that is the case, Inca, S***house, sorry, Brighthouse are committing Fraud by False Misrepresentation. The OP should make a written request to Brighthouse to return the £3k they have obtained from them, forthwith and with statutory interest. Any arguments from them and I would be straight on the phone to Trading Standards and the National Fraud Authority (NFA).
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

If you have been sold any insurance products then you will either have t&c or policy schedule. As them who are the underwriters of the insurance products and get them to send you the details.

Brighthouse cannot sell you or make it a condition of purchase that you have these insurance products at point of sale, and be an underwriter at the same time.

Also, i believe their has to be a two week (14 day) period from point of sale before any company can ask if you require insurance products etc after the PPI scandal

So you need to ask who is the underwriter of the insurance policies

Comment

Hi Everybody. I have not had any joy with claiming the osc/dlc from brighthouse, they have been messing me about, I have received 38 agreements from them 19 of which are reformed agreements, without any signatures, and 19 which I dispute signing, I ask them to repay me all payments from the 19 that are not signed, They replied by telling me that they have complied with my sar request by supplying me with the enclosed paperwork, as they had supplied me with an original when taking out the agreement, and I should keep the agreements for reference for the future. ( In Plain English; I S hould Keep Such Documents In Case There Company Lose There's.) All Agreements Are Dated Within The 6 Years, That Companies Should Keep Such Agreements For Audit. Any Advice Would Be Gratefully Received. Regards; Ghandi.

Comment

Try sending them a Letter Before Action and take them to court for it. That might make them sit up and take notice.

Comment

hi labman. I sent them a lba on the 13th January 2013, and have been playing email pingpong ever since, they have said they will give there final response tomorrow @ 5.30pm. this is there usual caper when giving out there final response, ( this is the second time.) I have kept all correspondence, emails and letters so I can go back to any point they wish to have clarified immediately. they have already admitted that they cannot find any signed agreements for the 19 reformed ( not signed )agreements. what should I do next. ghandijohn1

Comment

If they don't, issue a N1

Comment

hi labman. what is an N1.

Comment

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.u...34E18E13B0DC85

Used to initiate the court claim.

Comment

hi labman. thanks for your help. regards; ghandijohn1

Comment

hi labman. sorry to be a pain, I have had osc & dlc on these agreements, it states in the T&Cs that if I fail to keep up with the payments, then the osc & dlc insurance agreements will lapse. Surely if they have lapsed then I would have to sign another agreement to re-instate the policies. any help appreciated. regards; ghandijohn1.

Comment

Don't take this as gospel truth - you would need to check with Brighthouse, but I would imagine if you can cancel the insurances, they would simply do a new agreement for the term remaining on the existing policy for the actual sum borrowed plus interest. I believe they still need you to have your own insurance in place though.

Comment

hi labman. over the course of all the agreements, I have missed payments on all of them. but never had to sign a new agreement to re-instate the insurances, they just take the payments. I am sure that you cannot just carry on paying the insurances once the policies had lapsed. if you have a car and you miss a payment then you have to sign another agreement, you cannot just carry on, by paying the missed payment. regards. ghandijohn1.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X