• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help re Next

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help re Next

Yep lucky old Scots not only have their accounts bared from any legal action but actually extinguished after five years.
    Under Scottish law, if a lender allows time to pass without receiving any payment an action for recovery may become barred under the Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973. (For details of this Act see Gloag and Henderson 12th edition at Chapter4.). These debts are completely extinguished and cannot be enforced. Once the prescriptive period expires the debt cannot be allowed as a deduction

D

Comment

Thanks scotie I am not unsure I know I never signed any credit agreement with next either online or on paper so this is why next is unable to provide a copy of the credit agreement I never signed any credit agreement with next. The debt has not been paid in five years nor have I accepted responsibility for the debt. Nor do I accept responsibility as it is statute barred I dobt they will try and recover it. They said they sold it on to a DCA but I have never heard from them either so I think its safe to say it is over with its just the waiting game for it to come off my credit file. Does anyone know if next or the cca can re gister a default on a statute barred debt?

Comment

Originally posted by RobertDuncan25 View Post
        Thanks scotie I am not unsure I know I never signed any credit agreement with next either online or on paper so this is why next is unable to provide a copy of the credit agreement I never signed any credit agreement with next. The debt has not been paid in five years nor have I accepted responsibility for the debt. Nor do I accept responsibility as it is statute barred I dobt they will try and recover it. They said they sold it on to a DCA but I have never heard from them either so I think its safe to say it is over with its just the waiting game for it to come off my credit file. Does anyone know if next or the cca can re gister a default on a statute barred debt?
        No they cant, they only get one bite of the cherry. They default is an indication of when the relationship with the creditor has broken down, can't do that twice.

D

D

Comment

in hat case role on 2013 Student current acount is statute barred and drops off next year so does next my credit rating from when I was a student will have improved considerably thank god. No more debt dealings for me for the rest of my life I think.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X