• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Deed Of Assignment "help"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deed Of Assignment "help"

this is the DOA that howard cohen sent me.

IS IT GOOD, OR NOT SO GOOD, OR JUST PURE CR4P

dave
    Tags: None

Re: Deed Of Assignment "help"

You're lucky to get your hands on the Deed, they rarely give these out. It's all fine EXCEPT I'm not sure how it can be given over and signed as received by the same person -ie- both signatures the same. My educated guess is that it is OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
      You're lucky to get your hands on the Deed, they rarely give these out. It's all fine EXCEPT I'm not sure how it can be given over and signed as received by the same person -ie- both signatures the same. My educated guess is that it is OK.
      Mmmmm, quite a tricky one.

i have always thought that it may be a conflict of interest.

like me and you getting a divorce and using the same solicitor (:tinysmile_aha_t

dave

Comment

ROFLMAO !!

Well it would only serve a purpose if I ran out of toilet tissue.

So what's the back story ?

Oh yeah and since when do we use "Attorneys" in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
          ROFLMAO !!

Well it would only serve a purpose if I ran out of toilet tissue.

So what's the back story ?

Oh yeah and since when do we use "Attorneys" in the UK
          well "hello" ben (may i call you ben) and thankyou in advance for any assistance you may be able to halp me with.

"toilet tissue" (sounds promising)

"Attorneys" (aint they american)

"the back story" (Mmmm, ice cold beer time)

Breifly. (so i don't get pi$$ed)

GE MONEY (now santander) have accused me of defaulting on a credit card i have never had.

we went to court on the 12th may 2011.

judge said it was a shambles.

judge issued new orders (as above)

dave

Comment

doe's anybody know were i could find some good caselaw regarding assignments or drop me a few links as to were i could find it.

dave

Comment

Oh, and the reconstructed agreement they are using in court.

NO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
              NO INCEPTION DATE

dave

Comment

For assignment you want to ref s136 and s196 of Law of Property 1925.
                More about assignment here: Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

As for the recon'd agreement, with ref to Carey Vs HSBC, it must come from the date of inception including your address at that time as well as the inception T&C's and the current T&C.
                Although a recon'd agreement is ONLY acceptable to satisfy a request under s78 of CCA and this is court action, a completely different kettle of fish. In that case the actual agreement and inception T&C should be produced.

Can I also assume that Cohens have completely ignored CPR as per normal and simply gone straight to court action without actually attempting settlement ??

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
                  For assignment you want to ref s136 and s196 of Law of Property 1925.
                  More about assignment here: Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

As for the recon'd agreement, with ref to Carey Vs HSBC, it must come from the date of inception including your address at that time as well as the inception T&C's and the current T&C.
                  Although a recon'd agreement is ONLY acceptable to satisfy a request under s78 of CCA and this is court action, a completely different kettle of fish. In that case the actual agreement and inception T&C should be produced.

Can I also assume that Cohens have completely ignored CPR as per normal and simply gone straight to court action without actually attempting settlement ??
                  yes you may assume. (correct)

with ref to s136 and 196, the judge didn't quite understand, he got very confused regarding the bit that refers to the postal service act 2000 and the recorded delivery act 1962, (wot a plonker).

the claimant tried to brain wash the judge regarding carey v hsbc, (it must be one of cohens master peices) but he held reservations on that point. however he was interested and i think if there claim was'nt such a shambles he might have been persuaded.

could the above agreement fall into the s127 scenario ????

dave

Comment

Basically s136 says that the Notice must be sent from the OC and not the DCA.
                    s196 says this must be via registered post to the last known address.
                    The refs to postal aact explains that recorded delivery replaces registered mail.

It is down to the DCA to PROVE that the correct notice was sent AND signed for by YOU.

Carey is quite simple and is ONLY concerned with requests made under CCA s78 (in this case) and NOT legal action.

As for s127, I can't comment as I can't read the posted document.
                    Firstly was this a web application as the stamp seems to point to ??

Comment

As for s127, I can't comment as I can't read the posted document.
                      Firstly was this a web application as the stamp seems to point to ??[/quote]

it certainly looks that way,

it looks like they have cut and pasted an agreement together and then stamped it afterwards with web application. this i find confusing because in the top right hand corner it clearly states ORIGINAL COPY 1 of 2.

looking at the agreement i have here, (just a tadd clearer). the agreement refers to an EDGE, RETAIL STORE CARD. so if they are saying that this retail store card is a credit card???? i would gladly like to add a bit more confusion

on page 2 af the above agreement there is a tick and the letter Y.

were the letter Y is it says

DO YOU WISH TO RECIEVE AN EDGE CARD?........Y (meaning YES)

:tinysmile_cry_t:

dave

Comment

Very hard to read the document!
                        Were you served the correct cancellation rights by post, as is required with an on-line application?

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                          Very hard to read the document!
                          Were you served the correct cancellation rights by post, as is required with an on-line application?
                          i was'nt served anything at anytime,

the first time i saw the above agreement was when they served the court bundle on the 8th april 2011.

dave

Comment

after searching the internet for hours on end, i have come across several peices of useful imformation.

a deed of assignment, provides for the transfer of anything from a gift to a multi million pound business.

An agreement to assign a contract, a ‘Deed of assignment’ allows one party (the assignor) to transfer ownership of something they own, to someone else (the assignee).

however , we are refering to a deed of assignment that provides for the transfer of benefits under a contract or contracts by the Assignor to an Assignee (who may or may not have paid for the assignment). which is usually called a "chose in action", which may be transferred, or assigned by the creditor to another person under s.136 of the Law of Property Act 1925.

what i have found to be very common in all kinds of deeds of assignments, is the way they must be completed to be compliant in english law.

the deed must be.

Written in plain English;

dated at the top;

All names and addresses need to be completed where requested in full;

enter the agreement and/or contract numbers, and if known, the dates of the agreement
                            and/or contract that is to be assigned;

All current owners (Assignors); of the agreement and/or contract must sign the Deed as the person(s) transferring the ownership

All new owners (Assignees); of the agreement and/or contract must sign the Deed as the person(s) accepting ownership

All signatures must be witnessed by an independent individual;

If you make a mistake as you complete the Deed, either sign your initials next to the changes or complete a new Deed.

dave

Comment

Originally posted by dave27 View Post
                              i was'nt served anything at anytime,

the first time i saw the above agreement was when they served the court bundle on the 8th april 2011.

dave
                              Pre-contract information - The Office of Fair Trading

The EU Directive precedes the Distance Marketing Regs 2004, which of course could be of benefit.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X