• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unredacted Deed of Assignment??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unredacted Deed of Assignment??

Have any of you ever seen a Deed of Assignment between a credit card company and a debt buying company that has not been redacted.

I know many have seen redacted ones.

The part I am especially interested in knowing about is the overall face value of the debt sold and the buying price.

I have always speculated that it is around the 10% mark.

Alternatively can any one point me in the direction of one that may have been posted on here or any other consumer forum.

Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Unredacted Deed of Assignment??

Its a good question because influences any F&Fs made

Comment

A very good question, but I imagine the answer lies hidden well in the depths of a DCA's vaults!

Comment

It is accepted by many, including the legally qualified that 10% is a figure that is normal and seems to be a starting point for many legal professionals when negotiating a F & F.

regards
        Garlok

Comment

Commercial confidentiality?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I did a google search sometime ago and one of the drc's had rates they bought at depending on the age of the debt. sorry lost the link and haven't got time to go deep down googling

Comment

Just been googling around this and found a BBC Watchdog item from 2009. There is a letter that you can download:

BBC - Watchdog: Lowell - chasing debts

They say if the DCa cannot produce a reply within 28 days they can't collect the debt. Anybody know on what legislation they claim this?

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far.........

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X