• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DN arguments are dead (not)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DN arguments are dead (not)

Originally posted by AnonymousUser1978 View Post
    This is an intersting point. However the CPR Part 6 Rule 6.26 does give examples and details for the courts guidance which actually coincide with the interpretation acts 2 'business days' for 1st class post. 6A 10.1 even gives a nice example to show the judge :tinysmile_grin_t:

Its neither here nor there in my case, as whether 1st or 2nd class post was utilised, the DN only gives 12 or 10 days respectivley (Not 14 as required). As the document was posted on a Thursday, therefore deemed service is a Monday or Wednesday.
    Then you can show the notice is bad. Interpretation act etc is only about showing the date served in order to make the notice bad.

Harrison v Link is binding on your judge. Tell him so. Make him understand. The notice is bad.

If you have time on your side then perhaps a notice to admit would be very useful.

M1

Comment

Hi Mystery, Unfortunatley time is not on my side. I'm in this afternoon, so i hope the DJ is in a good mood. However i am armed with Harrison v Link and Woodchester v Swayne both cases have some gems. I have a method in mind of going through the DN and case law cases and i'm going to conclude by trying to convince the DJ that the DN is a statutory precursor to court action. Also i'm planning on telling the court 'nicely' that the Act does not give the court any discretion where a DN is concerned. Only where a faulty agreement is concerned (S127).

I'll post the outcome this afternoon when all is over.

Comment

ray:
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

LOL 'Sharpening my tools of war'!

Comment

As a last ditch atempt to add another arrow to my bow, do i have any argument where the undated agreement is concerned? Its literally not dated 'anywhere' not even in the signature box....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X