• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gift Vouchers ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift Vouchers ?

I dont know if I am posting in the right section of Legal Beagles, as I have a bit of a problem - which is linked to the CCA (I think?)

On my birthday (beg August 2010); a friend bought me £50- in gift Vouchers for a local 'hair & beauty salon'. Being rather busy generally and not overkeen on the Salon in question, it had not been until quite recently - when my hair was in desperate need of cut & colour - that I decided to make an appt to have my hair done, intending to use the vouchers and pay the difference in cash.

I attended the Salon last week and when presented with the bill of £65.00, I stated that I would pay 50.00 in vouchers and the balance in cash - and handed over vouchers and cash. The woman turned to me and said, sorry love you cant use these vouchers - they have expired! When I looked at them closer, hand written inside the folded card was written in pen (by the Salon) the value in £s and the wording : valid until October 2010!

I had to then go to a cash machine and withdraw enough money to pay the Salon and left not feeling too happy at all about the situation.

Is this all legal and above board? Can they actually specify that vouchers bought in cash, must be used within such a short period of time? It seems they only allow 3 months for them to be used, after that they literally become void and your money lost!!

Please can somebody possibly advise where I stand and if there is some way I can go about getting my money back (ie: value of the vouchers!). I felt so embarrassed at the time, as their were quite a few people there!!!

:help: :shocked:
    Tags: None

Re: Gift Vouchers ?

You might find these interesting:

Gift Voucher Expiry

Gift vouchers, now the great disappearing act | Money | The Guardian

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X