• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stix v Cabot/MBNA - Please help :-)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stix v Cabot/MBNA - Please help :-)

Hi Guys - Quick update.

I've had a response from Morgans to my cpr requests - copy of agreement and t&c's etc I posted above..and a statement which shows the increase in the amount is due to interest @12 % which they suddenly started adding.
    I also had an allocation questionaire land on my doorstep yesterday from my local court,,,this has to be filled in and returned by27th Sept.

Now then, my problem is this:
    9 days ago I was involved in a traffic accident,,,shattered my ankle (plates and pins inserted), damaged arms and shoulders, knocked a few teeth out and re-arranged others. I came out of hospital 2 days ago. I am literally crawling round the house beacuse I dont have the strength back yet to use crutches. I can just about use a frame, but its a struggle I can tell you.
    I dont remember a thing about the accident, but it has left me slightly concussed and confused and I've kind of lost my way with all this at the moment.
    What I really need to know right now is if there is a way I can have things put on hold, so to speak, until I'm well again?!?!
    There is no way I can cope with this at the moment.

Comment

Hi Stix

So sorry to hear about your accident-here's wishing you a speedy and full recovery

As to the court proceedings,perhaps a phone call to the court manager asking for their advice and guidence?

If you detail as your post above and also include the fact that you are on pain relieving medication I would imagine that you should be able to delay for some time until you are at least mobile again.

Hopefully others will be along soon with more advice.

Comment

Thanx middenmess.
        It didn't occur to me to ring the court - I'll do that tomorrow and see what they can suggest :-)

Comment

In respect of the interest being levied, it appears that Cabot applied it in retrospect as in once they thought they could charge it they then decided to charge it and backdated it at that. I don't think this would sit well with a judge but that is my opinion.

Comment

Hey Stix hope your recovering well!! Feel for you bud with myself in a car crash 10+ years ago and took 9 months before i could walk without crutches.

Just wondered how you were getting on with the case??

Couple of points;
            Those T&Cs are "recent" £12 charge for penalty so clearly were not those in effect when the debt was sold in 2001.
            Also where are your T&C's that were in effect in 1999
            Where are the prescribed terms - cant see them anywhere????
            Also i think i see a tick for PPI, did you request this etc/recover charges on it.

I have a "copy" of the prescribed terms that were purported to be on the reverse of my application (which is a lot smaller than your app.)

Comment

subbing ps. Hope you are recovering well hun! Mpols x

Comment

Newbie - Settling out of Court

lol Cabot lost against us yesterday

Sillybeggers
                I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
                  Newbie - Settling out of Court

lol Cabot lost against us yesterday

Sillybeggers
                  Brilliant

Comment

Fantastic - well done you!:beagle:

Comment

lol yeah well i have little sympathy for them, i told them they were gonna lose, i told them again they were gonna lose, we instructed counsel, i told them they were gonna lose, i told them again and again they were gonna lose

and

they lost.

I feel happy for the client though in all honesty , as the possibility was that they could have lost, and t heir home placed at risk etc and fortunatley now that is not the case
                      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

facts of this case mirror the case we took to trial, it seems, if them terms are from 2001 then i will go eat my hat, thats how sure i am of their weakness in their case

i bet if there were some digging done you would find more in accuracies

Comment

facts of this case mirror the case we took to trial, it seems, if them terms are from 2001 then i will go eat my hat, thats how sure i am of their weakness in their case

i bet if there were some digging done you would find more in accuracies

The terms provided are not from 2001, neither are they from 1999!

No need to go eat your hat, PT

Please see point 2.20:
                          http://www.berr.gov.uk/files/file23663.pdf
                          Last edited by Angry Cat; 30th October 2010, 14:56:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                            The terms provided are not from 2001, neither are they from 1999!

No need to go eat your hat, PT
                            lol i know, cos if they were id be back at the High Court seeking perjury proceedings against one of MBNAs staff,

cant say why as the matter is ongoing,but them terms arent the correct ones and under contract law, it is the terms applicable at the point of assignment they need unless they can show variation has occurred under s82 CCA

Comment

lol i know, cos if they were id be back at the High Court seeking perjury proceedings against one of MBNAs staff,

cant say why as the matter is ongoing,but them terms arent the correct ones and under contract law, it is the terms applicable at the point of assignment they need unless they can show variation has occurred under s82 CCA

Absolutely!

You can't blame Morgan/MBN$ for trying, though...

Comment

Awesome result!

AG/PT would you have chance to cast a "weather" eye over my thread Me v Restons/MBNA at some point i would value any feedback

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X