• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Brophy v HFC - CCA ''“Your credit limit will be determined by us from time to time"..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brophy v HFC - CCA ''“Your credit limit will be determined by us from time to tim

Has the Brophy v HFC appeal been heard or is it yet to be heard?

Comment

Re: Brophy v HFC - CCA ''“Your credit limit will be determined by us from time to tim

Just found the answer to my own question - d'oh - leave has been granted for a second appeal.

Apologies for being dozy - sleep deprived, stressed out, dazed and confused at the mo:tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

Ames,

Is it possible to get a copy of the full text of the judgment from whoever submitted the other documents?

Dad

Comment

I'll pop it in VIP cae law for you dad x

Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Lost in the CA too.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2011/67.html

Comment

Ouch at the opening paragraph of the judgment

1. Lord Justice Moore-Bick :
              2. This is an appeal by Mr. Patrick Brophy against the order of Flaux J. dismissing his appeal against the order of His Honour Judge Million giving judgment in favour of HSBC Bank Plc for the amount due in respect of a credit card debt. It represents another attempt by the holder of a credit card to invoke the terms of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 ("the Act") in order to avoid paying debts incurred to the card issuer.
              Thanks for the heads up on the judgment Guido, will add it to the case law section
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Ouch at the opening paragraph of the judgment

[/LIST]
                If the case was actually solid and not just fantasy that would be an excellent appeal point i'd have thought.

M1

Comment

the judge probably felt he was on safe ground in making that comment- due to the absurd nature of the point argued not standing a cat in hells chance of any further appeals

Comment

have we misread his statement

when he said it was a further attempt- did he not mean that this was this particular debtors SECOND attempt to appeal?

Comment

Originally posted by diddydicky View Post
                      have we misread his statement

when he said it was a further attempt- did he not mean that this was this particular debtors SECOND attempt to appeal?
                      I think it is more likely he was referring to other debtors bringing actions to get agreements declared unenforceable, not Mr Brophy per se.

But I agree, it was always doomed to failure.
                      They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X