• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Re Littlewoods Extra Care Insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re Littlewoods Extra Care Insurance

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone please help me. Littlewoods applied this insurance to my account in 2001, thinking it was a compulsary charge I continued to pay it. I learned in October last year that this charge is actually a Payment Protection Insurance. This was added without my concent,, I have never recieved any documents to sign, but Littlewoods say that this Insurance is sold over the phone and is scripted, so no signature is required. However I have learned that if you haven't signed a Consumer Credit Agreement (which I know I haven't) that Littlewoods should not have applied this to my account. I don't understand anything about the proper procedures of trying to claim my money back, but am following what I have learned from others in the same situation. The reply's you get from Littlewoods are all the same, saying that because they were not a member of a Dispute Resolution Service at the time this premium was added that I can not claim this back.
    I have since applied to Littlewoods for a true signed copy of my CCA, which I know they will have a problem with, also I have applied for a Suspect Access Report so I can hopefully work out how much they have charged me. I think I am right in saying that I can only claim back the last six years premiums. What I want to know is can Littlewoods now put my account into dispute, and what is my next move if they can't provide a CCA or my Suspect Access Report. Any advice would be very much appriciated.

Re: Re Littlewoods Extra Care Insurance

Hi wincote and welcome.
    Have you read the forum on claiming mis sold PPI? if not please read HERE
    The fact that PPI was not regulated when you first started paying does not mean it can not be reclaimed, only that the FOS may not help you with the claim.
    If forany of the reasons given the PPI was of no use to you then I would go ahead and make a claim in the normal way.
    Enaid x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X