• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Littlewoods....No CCA!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Littlewoods....No CCA!!

Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post
    I have personal experience of Next, as above.
    I ordered an item online, as a one off purchase, so I thought..it arrived with a huge catalogue, and a statement with a credit limit of £1000 ! Nothing was ever signed on or offline. Incredible.
    i have a ton of judgments re Next that support my conclusions there, lol, so they are an easy prey i think
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

I think maybe they're realising that too late, LOL..not heard from them since disputing when they failed to supply in response to CCA request.
      It was worth it to stop those blooming catalogues filling up my recycle bin!!!

Comment

Yes Next annoyed me too, I orderded something online, sat with my prepay debit card ready to pay (as I'm avoiding credit like the plague) put in my name and address and ummmm hang on, order confirmed ? I havent paid. So few days later my order arrives with the big book, a credit limit of £300 (my ratings pretty dire)and a a credit agreement (as this was only about a year ago) which naturally I have NOT signed and returned as I never agreed to any credit.

And then I proved to myself why I don't have catalogues or credit and did the stupid thing of paying the bill online, and ummm ordering something else on credit (FFS) to see if it worked....then I havent paid for it and months later had a doorstep guy from Lewis come round to collect the £20 odd (I told him to burger orf and paid online to Next) and that was the end of that lol.

Horrible coniving trap with Next, not EVERYONE wants credit, I think its ridiculous forcing people into credit in that way. It probably says on the website in teeny irrelevant print.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Can you beleive the cheeky b*******s? i received a letter before christmas, advicing me that they had sold my account to another company who will be in pursuant of £101, so i worte back a letter to question why as they ad originally told me that they are clearing the debt and id no longer need to do anything else.

I just got home to find that they have reverted thier action and will pursure the whole debt of about £1000 odd pounds. are they mad?

Comment

Have a read of this:

CCA Requests - any point? - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

It gets particularly interesting when pt and Priority One get involved.

Comment

Guys on the signed credit agreement issue Littlewoods sent me a letter saying they do NOT have one although I was willing to pay £400 to them the debt has sprung to over £3500 with charges and late payment fees etc....They wont even liaise with CCCS who I have a debt management plan with. So I told CCCS not to make any offer or payment to them as they cannot locate a file for me but surprisingly they can say I owe them over £3500!!!!!
              Am confused as to how they can do this. I have kept the letter that they sent stating they cannot locate a history of any orders placed by me etc only payments made to them by myself.....Surprisingly I havnt heard from them for a while but I did 'invite' them to place the debt in county court and sue me so we could let a judge decide!!!! NO RESPONSE :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

I started my catalogue with Little Woods in 2000, in Nov 2005 I had a big change in circumstances which meant that I could no longer afford my full monthly payment to them.
                I was immediately passed on to NDR and I have had the mis-fortune of having to deal with these "people" since then, as of next month I will have finished paying off my debt to them.
                The total amount was £2,800 so to me that means that they owe me £280 in cash back, they are refusing to give me this using the reason that my account has been in arrears since I have had to repay less than their required monthly amount.
                My question to anybody is since I did not sign a CA with them and have letters here to prove that, can they use their T*C's against me as a reason to with hold my cash back, I have struggled for years to repay what I owe them and not try to get out of it.
                I now find that they are denying me what I feel should be mine and what I could do with.
                Do I have a leg to stand on? any advice would be appreciated

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X