• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HFC - CCA Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HFC - CCA Advice

Hi, my first post but hopefully someone with more knowledge on these things can help.
    Brief breakdown - took a loan with HFC in 2000 for £6000, no payments missed, etc. until September this year - contacted them and asked for a settlement figure and was told it would be just over £4,400. Requested details on full ammounts that I had paid, rates, etc. as by my reckoning I had made approx.£18000 in repayments. Nothing came of it, After numerous attempts to get this info and being repeatedly told they would be sent, I sent them both a Subject Access and CCA (sent seperately recorded delivery). Received response to the Subject Access Request stating they would not send details unless I sent a photocopy of my passport or driving license. I then received a letter re: the CCA with a blank loan application form - . The loan agreement is totally blank with no details and the letter states that there are exclusions which allow them to respond to the request in this way and not provide an actual copy of the original agreement - the agreement they sent me is generic & totally blank - no signatures, dates, details of rates etc. Sorry unable to post scans of documents as I'm new to the forums.
    Any help or advice would be very much appreciated

Re: HFC - CCA Advice

Originally posted by gizmo28 View Post
    Hi, my first post but hopefully someone with more knowledge on these things can help.
    Brief breakdown - took a loan with HFC in 2000 for £6000, no payments missed, etc. until September this year - contacted them and asked for a settlement figure and was told it would be just over £4,400. Requested details on full ammounts that I had paid, rates, etc. as by my reckoning I had made approx.£18000 in repayments. Nothing came of it, After numerous attempts to get this info and being repeatedly told they would be sent, I sent them both a Subject Access and CCA (sent seperately recorded delivery). Received response to the Subject Access Request stating they would not send details unless I sent a photocopy of my passport or driving license. I then received a letter re: the CCA with a blank loan application form - . The loan agreement is totally blank with no details and the letter states that there are exclusions which allow them to respond to the request in this way and not provide an actual copy of the original agreement - the agreement they sent me is generic & totally blank - no signatures, dates, details of rates etc. Sorry unable to post scans of documents as I'm new to the forums.
    Any help or advice would be very much appreciated
    Hi Gismo this is exactly the response I had from them so I wrote them a letter on the advice of a member saying they had been quite happy to write to me at my address up til now etc., etc. however today, i received a response from them, returning another blank form and saying they had the right to request either Driving Licence or Passport. They also returned my cheque and said if I still required the SAR, I would have to resend the form, original docs and the 10 pound cheque.
    I have been awaiting some news from members on this site but to be honest with you, I have not had a great deal of help from the more knowledgeable people on this site. Shame really. However that's what has happened in my case so far. Hope it helps a wee bit.

Comment

Re: HFC - CCA Advice

bump:beagle:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X