• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shop Direct Not Pursuing Outstanding Balance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop Direct Not Pursuing Outstanding Balance

I would like some advice if possible..

CCA'd Shop Direct (Very Account) last month and got the common reply with standard terms and conditions. Sent off letter giving them second chance to produce an actual signed agreement.

Received letter today...

" i can confirm that we will not be pursuing the above Very account for the outstanding balance of ....."

The letter goes on to say about the information staying on credit reference file for 6 years etc etc.

My original reason for doing this was to try and get some leverage for offering them reduced payments which I had started to pay.

The dilemma now, is should I carry on paying them the reduced amount or stop paying (which doesnt seem honest) and do I also have any legal right to claim back years of the extortionate Payment Protection charges??

Any advice would be very (sorry) helpful

Re: Shop Direct Not Pursuing Outstanding Balance

Moral or legal???

Because the debt is unenforceable doesn't mean it will go away, just that they can't enforce it. You could come to an arrangement to pay a certain amount through reduced payments.

Do you have legitimate reason for reclaiming PPI? If so or you believe it was mis-sold to you, then yes, claim. You could possibly use this to negotiate settlement of the debt, i.e deduct the amount owed from the amount of PPI you reclaim? As in all honesty they would probably do thi anyway.
    Is no longer here

Comment

Re: Shop Direct Not Pursuing Outstanding Balance

Have a read here Tools vs Simply Be / Shoe Tailor / JD Williams / Candid Collections

If you intend to reclaim any charges or PPI added to the account (usually automatically added without consent or not told it was optional Wendy) then this should be useful reading.

How much is outstanding on the balance and how much do you calculate the charges/PPI is?

Subtract the claimable amount from the outstanding balance then decide. If you feel more comfortable paying the remainder then by all means do so.

If you decide to take this route then make sure your credit file reflects that you have paid off the whole balance and no bad markers are left.

A while after my saga on the above thread no trace of the account now shows on the CRA's, it is always possible the same may apply to you in time.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X