• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HSBC Credit card CCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC Credit card CCA

MY BIL's Debts.

so awhile back asked DCA for CCA they couldnt get one and it got passed to DG Solicitors who sent a near identical letter to the one attached and also sent a made up cca again similar to the one attcahed (they spelt his name wrong).

I responded saying they did have to provide a proper CCA and they have so far ignored me.

HSBC have now sent this.. again spelling his name wrong

This debt is already up as a charging order yet they still keep sending it out left right and centre to DCA's

They obviously dont have a proper CCA otherwise they wouldnt be making them up. What do I do now?
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Re: HSBC Credit card CCA

report them to FOS and OFT, send them a letter quoting s127 no agreement then account is unenforceable and stop paying remind them that in any courts action you will expect to see with their POC a signed copy of the agreement.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Comment

Well as that "copy" clearly doesn't contain any of the prescribed terms, or required terms, in fact pretty much burger all, it is NO way complies with CCA.

As you say, they clearly don't have the agreement but are playing dozy plonkers.
      Any legal action they even thought about taking one this should be laughed out of court as a complete waste of time.

Comment

They already have a charging order... BIL wasn't aware of it at the time as they kept sending letters to his old address, he wasn't answering the phone at that point in time either as he was getting 40 odd calls a day from dca's and his head was well and truly stuck in the sand.

What annoys me is they have obtained a rather sneaky charging order, and still send it out to every dca on the plant...are they even allowed to do that.

Is there any way I can get rid of the CO and set up a repayment plan?

My Hardship Claim
        Me VS Abbey Win
        BIL HSBC Credit Card
        BIL EGG
        BIL HSBC Loan
        BIL PPI Win

Comment

Well as he was unaware of the original CCJ this is a damn good reason to have it set asside.

When was it granted ?

Comment

Aug 07 I think by the looks of it.

My Hardship Claim
            Me VS Abbey Win
            BIL HSBC Credit Card
            BIL EGG
            BIL HSBC Loan
            BIL PPI Win

Comment

Interesting.
              When was the first time the actually found out about this CO ?

Comment

A couple of months ago when I kicked his butt and took charge of his finances

Legal Beagles

HSBC Credit Card

June 15th sent CCA Req

1st August got made up CCA and info about charging order

5th August SAR sent to HSBC and to DG Solisitors

6th August got the docs from the court

2nd September wrote to DG sols told them to bugger off stop fibbing and give a me a real CCA.

14th September partial SAR stuff arrived.

16th September: wrote to them asking where the rest of the SAR was.
                wrote to DG and HSBC and made official complaint about no CCA, also wrote to trading standards and ombudsman made complaint about no CCA, about farming the debt out to DCA's when they already had a charging order and about getting a charging order with out sending docs to BIL or having valid CCA to get charging order
                There we go all up to date

My Hardship Claim
                Me VS Abbey Win
                BIL HSBC Credit Card
                BIL EGG
                BIL HSBC Loan
                BIL PPI Win

Comment

Right then so you need to get the ball rolling with getting the original CCJ set aside.
                  The grounds are never having received the original court claim as it was sent to a different address, also the fact the "agreement" is loo roll.

Loads more info here: Removal of CCJ's - Valid reasons to have your judgements set aside

Comment

Right will fill it in...may have questions later

Thank you x

My Hardship Claim
                    Me VS Abbey Win
                    BIL HSBC Credit Card
                    BIL EGG
                    BIL HSBC Loan
                    BIL PPI Win

Comment

Agree with CB on all of the above, he mustn't stop payments but must get the CCJ put aside first.
                      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                      I'd also ask to see all the courts documents concerned with the CCJ, as they may contain a copy of the agreement. HAs BIL/you send a DPA request on the account? if not might be a good idea as if there are charges on the account then that too can be used as a cause to have the judgement set aside, as the amount of the 'alleged debt' is wrong on the paperwork
                      Last edited by frisp; 4th October 2009, 06:18:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Comment

Subbing

Comment

Originally posted by frisp View Post
                          Agree with CB on all of the above, he mustn't stop payments but must get the CCJ put aside first.
                          I'd also ask to see all the courts documents concerned with the CCJ, as they may contain a copy of the agreement. HAs BIL/you send a DPA request on the account? if not might be a good idea as if there are charges on the account then that too can be used as a cause to have the judgement set aside, as the amount of the 'alleged debt' is wrong on the paperwork
                          yes to SAR, they sent tons of stuff on the 40th day, no statements and nothing to do with the court case, so have sent them a complaint and request for the rest of the documents. Will be making complaint to ICO this week as they have still not sent everything.
                          Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                          Subbing

At the top of the thread there is a little button called thread tools, if you click on it there is an option to subscribe to the thread without having to make a post.

I only found it a few months ago, hand little button
                          Last edited by Mochamoo; 9th October 2009, 10:54:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Hardship Claim
                          Me VS Abbey Win
                          BIL HSBC Credit Card
                          BIL EGG
                          BIL HSBC Loan
                          BIL PPI Win

Comment

Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
                            yes to SAR, they sent tons of stuff on the 40th day, no statements and nothing to do with the court case, so have sent them a complaint and request for the rest of the documents. Will be making complaint to ICO this week as they have still not sent everything.

At the top of the thread there is a little button called thread tools, if you click on it there is an option to subscribe to the thread without having to make a post.

I only found it a few months ago, hand little button

Silly Billy, arn!t I, I found that thread button only 2 days ago UH UH UH...........Thanks for reminding me.

Comment

This is my debt, I will fill the court papers in when I get my PPI refund cheque.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X