• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Brit & Americanexpress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brit & Americanexpress

Hello Everyone. I am totally lost on this site but will persevere. Can anyone tell me where the guide is to help with card companies unenforceable debt ? Apparently new rules came in in April 2007 and I am currently being stuffed by American Expresscards and want out of their dodgy agreement.
    Any ideas ?
    Brit

Re: Brit & Americanexpress

Hi, it's me again - Brit. I have been looking for the idiots guide to what to do about these card companies and unenforceable debt etc....but am still having trouble.

Can some genius please list in a step by step way please, how I go about claiming back or removing debt from American Express and two other companies who I was dealing with long before April 07. One card company I deal with has changed ownership and the debt three times now (from Morgan Stanley, to Goldfish, to Barclaycard) and are varying the interest as and when they like.

I have been in touch with American Express first and they sent me a photocopy of a tatty A4 application from 03, but their date stamp is illegible and without a date, there's no reference to the card number they produce on their statements (and they have actually rang me whilst typing this !!) and have told me they won't deal with me anymore and advised me to go to an ombudsman. The A4 photocopy says 'look overleaf for further details as there is important info relevant to the agreement - but there is nothing overleaf and the terms and conditions they have sent me are brand new and not attached to the application or printed on the agreement. There's not even an interest clearly stated on the application actually, if this is relevant.

What do I do no then. Any ideas ?

Brit

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X