• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vouchers and discounts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vouchers and discounts

I am writing regarding a friend of mine.
    She regularly visits a small beauty salon. The salon offers e-vouchers on black Fridays. The vouchers are purchased for eighty pence for each pound of store credit. black Friday my friend usually purchases a thousand pounds worth of vouchers. In previous years this has allowed my friend to take advantage of the weekly discounts the salon offers getting a very reasonable price for her beauty treatments.

On her most recent visit she was told that the vouchers were has no longer usable with the weekly discounts. There have been no terms and conditions published, specifically there is no exclusion clause which prohibits the use of the vouchers on a discounted service.

Does she have grounds for getting back the money paid for the vouchers. The salon owner has refused both to honour the existing system or to refund the vouchers at price paid. What options does my friend have?
    The salon is a Limited company with the owner being the only director.
    Tags: None

Is she permitted to use the vouchers without the discounts?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

[/QUOTE]
      Yes she can use the vouchers without the discounts , but suddenly and without any warning the owner has decided not to alloy bith . There were no terms and conditons attached.

Comment

Can an example be found of the actual wording of the offer made on 'black friday' when the vouchers were sold?

I infer that it did not contain wording such as that vouchers may not be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

nothing in the original purchase details about it.

Comment

From whAT I UNDERSTAND THERE WERE NO TERMS AND CONDITIONS ATTACHED.

Comment

Can you post an example of a voucher? (and turn caps lock off).

Comment

Vouchers / coupons usually have an expiry date, if they are arbitrarily withdrawn (vouchers), that would cause an imbalance in the consumer / trader relationship, 'unfair' terms i.e. the lack of a date.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...959/oft667.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X