• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Requested a CCA but three months later only got an account summary....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requested a CCA but three months later only got an account summary....

I've been trying to help a disabled friend who has lost their job due to ill health, and out of five creditors, four have been amazingly helpful, but one (oddly with the lowest balance) has been a nightmare.

The debt in questions dates back to 1995 and was part of a DMP for the past 10 years, and has been sold to at least two debt collection companies.

After a lot of stress and pointless back and forth over the account, my friend got fed up, and requested an account statement, and a copy of the CCA which was accepted but that was three months ago, and they'd heard nothing back until yesterday.....

It seems the creditor has sent a letter with enclosed paperwork, which was just a list of payment dates and amounts since 2007, when the debt was sold to who currently owns it.

No terms and conditions or any contract elements whatsoever were included, there's not even a reference to the original creditor in the payments/statement.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me - does this constitute a CCA at all, or does my friend need to keep waiting for this creditor to produce one?

From the wording of their letter it seems they think that it does constitute a CCA, and want my friend to get in touch to discuss next steps.

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks so much.
    Tags: None

If no agreement sent , means that any alledged debt unenforceable until if ever they do, statement accounts not an agreement under CCA1974,

Give details on here about the debts etc.

echat11

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X