• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclaycard CCA request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard CCA request

Hi team, long time viewer, 1st time poster. I have used your templates over the years to help me deal with my debts

Anyway, this CCA request I cannot get my head around what I am looking for specifically to make a debt UE or enforceable.

Barclaycard have sent me this reconstituted copy of my credit agreement. Is it unenforceable because I cannot see a date the agreement was started, No credit limit, just the "We will decide..." line and I cannot see if that is supposed to be my specific APR or just a "exemplar APR".

Is there any chance anybody can have a quick look please? to be fair they have my name and address correct in the 1st paragraph of the agreements.

PS I would really like to use this thread to check a few. My wife has a MBNA one which is now named as Lloyds (Have they purchased them or merged companies? It was definitely MBNA when defaults started in 2019.

Thanks team.

PS i thought I could upload a scan. Let me just work out how to attach the pics

https://imgur.com/a/PP6dHd4

Now short form cancellation
    https://imgur.com/a/BOAqJc2

Last edited by BezLFC; 9th March 2022, 20:51:PM.
    Tags: None

I can't help answer your question, because I logged on to ask the exact question myself. We've been waiting around a year to hear back from PRA group who bought my partners Barclay card debt. We've just recieved the exact letter you have, with some photocopied terms and conditions. Nowhere is there any info such as amount, limits, signatures etc.

Comment

Hi BEZ

It should have those details, quite 'pointless' without them.

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/hand...ate=2016-03-21

Comment

Thanks ECHAT11.

Thats the point of the post. I have read that handbook several times but i can not understand exactly what is required in simple terms. How the heck are you supposed to know what terms i had at the time. It talks about exemplar apr rather then what my card start rate was. At no point can i find my opening limit and apr etc. people are saying it doesn’t need a date? Well whats the point?

As the other poster said, they have received exactly the same thing. Are they just sending generic stuff in the hope people go with it?

So me and the wife have sent for a pra group cca regarding a halifax credit card. We have both been sent exactly the same terms and conditions stuff apart from names, address and where we referred into the card. Everything else is the same. How should we know if it’s enforceable. All i know is we applied for the cards 2 ish years apart. Surely there would be different terms and conditions?

I hoped there would be an expert on here that could give a “recommendation “ as to whether they think it is enforcable. Funnily enough citizens advice didn’t know either!

thanks team

Comment

To me it hasn't got all the prescribed terms, there's no credit limit, there should be a date. As you say, there isn't anything to compare it too (unless you possess the originals). I would say it's 'unenforceable' because of the missing bits.

The most skilled person expert is @celestine

https://assets.publishing.service.go...e-guidance.pdf

Comment

Thanks for that. That is my understanding as well. I just wanted some verification before i fight it. Hopefully Celestine will swing by.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X