• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group - CCA Request Blurry Agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA Group - CCA Request Blurry Agreement

Hi,

Firstly thank you for this site, I've spent hours reading previous threads and have learnt a lot!

I currently have 6 debts totalling around 25K that are all with debt collecting agencies. All are very old, the earliest dating back to 1996! They were defaulted by the original creditors in June 2016 which shows on my credit file.

This morning i have received the CCA i requested from PRA Group. The debt with PRA is a little under 8K and dates back to 2005 originally from an MBNA credit card.

I have been sent a very blurry agreement which does appear to be the original as it has my old address on, signature and is dated 2005. The agreement is barely legible and looks to be a poor photocopy. I have attached a photo of the agreement below in replies Along with this they have sent me 2 pages of terms and conditions, a print out of my password, login details etc and statements from 2015 to 2016.

As the agreement is so difficult to read and also appears to be missing a line or two from the top of the page would this be accepted as true copy thus making this debt enforceable?

Ultimately I am looking to get into a good negotiating position with all the DCA's and offer full and final settlements.

Any help or guidance would be very gratefully received

Jenny.
    Tags: None

IMG_20211209_100544~2.jpg

Comment

This is the T's & C's I have been sent Untitled4444.jpg

Comment

Definitely eligible. Write back stating what they should provide, i.e. a legible copy.

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/CONC/13/1.html

Comment

Thank you for the reply, really appreciated! So I should write back and ask for a legible copy then? What are the chances of finding one do you think or is this likely to be the only copy they have? I presume until a legible copy has been provided then the debt is unenforcable?

Comment

a) So I should write back and ask for a legible copy then?

I would because otherwise they will think that they have complied with your request, when they haven't.

b) What are the chances of finding one do you think or is this likely to be the only copy they have?

It was probably copied way back to be archived onto a database. I think that is the only one they have.

c) I presume until a legible copy has been provided then the debt is unenforcable?

Correct.

Comment

Thanks again, I will do that today I really appreciate the help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X