• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA Requests - PRA and Intrum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA Requests - PRA and Intrum

Hi,

Having recently followed advice on the legal beagle to request CCA agreements from my DCA’s, I received a response letter from PRA group who own 4 of 5 of my debts. The other debt is with a company called Intrum but I have had no response from them yet.

One of the responses was for an overdraft which they have informed me they don’t have to provide a CCA for. I expected this and assume I’ will have to continue to make payments through my DMP for this one.

The others are for credit cards and a bank loan, and they have informed me that the accounts are on hold as they haven’t been able to obtain the original CCA in time, but that they are still trying to obtain them and have the option to produce a reconstituted CCA which would render the account enforceable again. PRA have since sent me some information regarding a Barclays Credit Card Debt but have informed me the debt remains unenforceable?

CCA requests sent to all DCA’s on 01/02/21 - PRA responses received 11/02/21 and the 18/02/21.

It may be worth mentioning that I have moved address since taking out the original debts, and their letter states the reconstituted agreement must include the address I was at when I first took out the agreement.

What would be the best next steps from here? My initial plan was to check to see where I stood with each of my debts and try to reach a low settlement agreement for the debts deemed unenforceable after approximately 2 months from the date I sent the initial request. So I’’m looking at the end of March 2021 before calling to negotiate a settlement figure.

Thank You,

Kind Regards
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X