• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot SAR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot SAR

Cabot SAR

Just wondering if someone can advise I’ve Requested a SAR from Cabot they acknowledged my request but they added to their letter that “ it is a possibility we won’t hold a copy of your CA or statements. If you’d like to obtain these documents, we recommend you contact your original lender, who should hold this information as the original data controller. If we’ve previously received the documents from the original lender we will include them in your SAR.”
    But when I had disputed the debt I asked who owns the debt and they responded Cabot do so wouldn’t they need to have this for it to be enforceable? Original debt was Lloyds card I think back in 2006
    I requested SAR letter form & cd for voice call

Debt Camel Debt Adviser

Comment

Is there anyone who will be able to advise please

Comment

Why did you ask Cabot for a SAR? If you want to know if they can produce the CCA agreement for a debt, you should ask specifically for that.

Comment

I had asked because while I was talking to the rude dispute advisor the only thing that popped into my mind was SAR & I honestly never knew about CCA until I looked online.
          Debt Camel should I wait for request the CCA?

Comment

Wait for the SAR now request CCA

Comment

Debt Camel I’ve received the SAR the information DIDN’T include the CCA it also has a previous address but not the original address of when my account was opened and some sort of statements but not all. Should I send the standard letter from National debt line requesting CCA with statements along with a £1 PO??

Comment

Celestine are you able to advise me please?

Comment

Yes definitely get the CCA request submitted to Cabot as they are indeed now the debt owner. What stage of dispute are you at with them?

A 2006 Lloyds credit card has good potential for non compliance with CCA, that is fairly old, pre Carey and Lloyds were hopeless....

Let us know what happens next but keep youir eyes peeled for anything mentioning court action.
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Celestine hi I have had 2 letters one from the SAR stating that they are the owners etc & then the response from CCA request. My the actual account was open with Lloyds account in 2002 not 06.
                    Do I just sit tight?
                    https://i.imgur.com/C2P6qiA.jpg
                    https://i.imgur.com/kUGu1dj.jpg

Comment

Celestine Debt Camel when I requested my SAR I had to send ID could this be a problem as one was my passport & drivers license which has my signature on

Comment

Hi - Ok, so if they are correct on payments made to Wescott until 2017, then the account is not time barred.

On the vital CCA response, they are saying they don't currently have a copy of the agreement and have asked the original creditor (Lloyds) for the agreement.
                        A 2002 Lloyds account has a very low prospect for compliance, they will need to supply you with an exact, legible photocopy of the actual agreement signed in 2002 together with the relevant key terms, plus statement of account.

Don't worry about the ID, seemingly the bad old days of lifting signatures is a thing of the past, it would be easy to spot. Frankly they are going to have to work hard to comply with this CCA so hold tight.
                        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X