• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

K&co Advice on 10K Kandco Debt now passed to Lowells.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice on 10K K&co Debt now passed to Lowells.

Originally posted by vonny1 View Post
    who's the one without morals
    Not you!

Comment

In this world morals don't always win

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        In this world morals don't always win
        And, besides, immorality is usually much more fun! :rofl:

Comment

correct

Comment

Ok I will get those sent off tomorrow thank you. I really dont want to be made bankrupt by these people, if i made an offer of a small payment a month do they have to accept it or would they still issue an SD anyway? I really do appreciate all the advice, thank you.

Vonny - Don't make any sort of offers to Lowell. Only the s.78 request and SAR is needed for now. Don't speak to them on the phone ever.

IF they decide to play hardball with you, I will be right here to act and stop any insolvency proceedings.:mod: EVEN after a stat demand has been issued, I can sort out a payment arrangement IF there is any need to (highly unlikely from what I've read so far)

Try not to worry. :hug:
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thank you very much Celestine, I will get back to you as soon as I get replies. Thank god I found this site!! Lowells sound like the kind of people that would have you sell your children to get them the money!!!. thanks again Von.

Comment

I thought if they could not produce a valid signed CCA and the account was opened pre April 2007 it was not enforceable in court (allegedly). I did not open the account on the internet, the first order was made over the phone in 2006. many thanks von.
                Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                That is correct. However a tick box for an online agreement is a sufficient signature for the date you provided. I have no knowledge of whether a box was ticked in this case or not.

M1
                The OP did not open the account online, so despite being post-Jan 2005, the tick box is still not enough. Furthermore, those catalogue companies made a habit of not requiring an agreement to be signed before sending out the goods. Lowell are flogging a dead horse here.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                  The OP did not open the account online, so despite being post-Jan 2005, the tick box is still not enough. Furthermore, those catalogue companies made a habit of not requiring an agreement to be signed before sending out the goods. Lowell are flogging a dead horse here.

M1

Comment

Lowells sound like the kind of people that would have you sell your children to get them the money!!!.
                    That would be almost tempting in my case

Comment

Hi all just a quick question, wwho's name do I put on the postal order for the SAR, k&co or shop direct?? And for the CCA one Will just Lowers suffice ? Many thanks x

Comment

Hi all just a quick question, wwho's name do I put on the postal order for the SAR, k&co or shop direct?? And for the CCA one Will just Lowers suffice ? Many thanks x
                        I'd just leave them blank, I always have left mine blank.

Comment

They've been sent off now, will let you know what I get back, thank you for all the advice so far

Comment

Hi all I received a letter today from Lowell stating that I have been informed that they now own my K&co debt and they want me to get in touch to discuss payment or they will either start court action or instruct a doorstep collector to come to my home. There was no mention of my CCA request. It was signed for on the 28th October and the letter this morning was dated 29th October. Do you think this is just a coincidence and the letters have just overlapped or should I send them a letter reminding them they only have 12 days to comply??, many thanks, Von.

Comment

Hi all I received a letter today from Lowell stating that I have been informed that they now own my K&co debt and they want me to get in touch to discuss payment or they will either start court action or instruct a doorstep collector to come to my home. There was no mention of my CCA request. It was signed for on the 28th October and the letter this morning was dated 29th October. Do you think this is just a coincidence and the letters have just overlapped or should I send them a letter reminding them they only have 12 days to comply??, many thanks, Von.
                              Sounds like the letters have crossed.

No need to remind them they have 12 (+2 for service) days to comply, it was written on the CCA request. As it was received only a few days ago, there's no point in sending a reminder at this stage. I would wait for their next communication, once the 14 days have gone by, you can argue the account is in dispute due to non-compliance.

Comment

Ok will do thanks. Will let you know as soon as I hear from them, von.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X