• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lowells/shop direct/littlewoods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowells/shop direct/littlewoods

Hi all
    I got a letter from Lowells today saying that I need to pay £311.56. I have had a littlewoods catalogue for many years and in December last year I wrote to them for a SAR they sent me back the requested data and it tells me that I have £312.00 added for administration charges, I was thinking that I have paid for my goods and the interest added but I'm upset that I have to pay these late payment admin fees aswell. What can I do about this, any help would be much appreciated.

Re: lowells/shop direct/littlewoods

Originally posted by babyellis View Post
    Hi all
    I got a letter from Lowells today saying that I need to pay £311.56. I have had a littlewoods catalogue for many years and in December last year I wrote to them for a SAR they sent me back the requested data and it tells me that I have £312.00 added for administration charges, I was thinking that I have paid for my goods and the interest added but I'm upset that I have to pay these late payment admin fees aswell. What can I do about this, any help would be much appreciated.

CCA them I would

Comment

please excuse my ignorance, but what is CCA and how do I go about it? many thanks

Comment

Go to the top of the page here to CCA & unenforceable agreements - enter there and read the information given then use the necessary letter, you will need £1.00 post order then despatch with letter "Recorded Deliver" to them, they have 12+2 days to respond before they are in default, that is until they produce a bonified CCA (Consmer Credit Agreement), WOULD PAY YOU TO READ THROUGH CREDIT agreements THREADS TO GET THE HANG OF WHAT IS GOING ON.
        Last edited by MIKE770; 6th March 2010, 20:27:PM.

Comment

Actually I believe CCA is Consumer Credit Agreement....... Littlewoods is not a credit card its a catalogue.

Babyellis, why are Lowells chasing you? Have you fallen into arrears, or simply stopped paying them because you found out about the late payment charges following your SAR?
          I personally dont think CCA is the way to go here, I think you should just send a Preliminary Letter to reclaim the late payment charges, then see what they offer. Then LBA and so on. Bear in mind that if you do get a refund of the charges they will deduct it from any balance owing.
          Last edited by WendyB; 6th March 2010, 20:05:PM.
          Is no longer here

Comment

From Curlys thread:

So what is covered by Consumer Credit Act (CCA) 1974 ?

In a nut shell the following:
            Fixed sum Credit (S77), Loans (Bank, etc)
            Variable Sum Credit (S78) Cards, catalogues
            Higher Purchase (S79) HP agreements.

So Catalogues are covered, don't want anyone to get confused, upto you if you want to CCA them though.

Lumi x
            Luminol x

Comment

Sorry, I wasn't saying they weren't covered, just that CCA doesn't stand for Credit Card Agreement, and that to get ;ate payment harges back, I don't think CCA is neccessarily the best way to go. Just my opinion..
              Is no longer here

Comment

No worries Wends, just didnt want anyone thinkin that Catalogues werent under Consumer Credit Act
                Luminol x

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                  Sorry, I wasn't saying they weren't covered, just that CCA doesn't stand for Credit Card Agreement, and that to get ;ate payment harges back, I don't think CCA is neccessarily the best way to go. Just my opinion..
                  Slap Wrist Wend, Consumer Credit Agreement you are right .

Comment

The reason lowells are chasing me is because I have stop paying when I realised that the amount left to pay was all charges and after speaking to l/woods they just kept saying that I owe the money so out of ignorance on these matters I buried my head in the sand and ignored them I'm afraid, and now lowells are chasing me

Comment

One thing to bear in mind is that by stopping paying Littlewoods will have an adverse effect on your credit score, by all means request a copy of your agreement, this can be a good negotiating tool for a full and final settlement however as the applied charges will clear the remaining balance I would go this route first.

Comment

I wrote to Lowells and told them that the amount they are chasing me for is all added charges to my account, they wrote back and said they were going to get in touch with l/woods and would advise me of the outcome, lowells have now written to me saying they have not heard from l/woods and that they have now sent all my paperwork back to l/woods and that lowells would not be chasing me any further.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X