• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Littlewoods - Default Charge Added to Account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Littlewoods - Default Charge Added to Account

Hello ...

I've just registered with this site in the hope that someone may be able to give me some advice regarding the following.

My last Account Statement from Littlewoods (dated 31.10.09) showed an outstanding balance of £8.00 (this was for a pack of three t-shirts). My minimum payment was due on 21.11.09.

The t-shirts were unsuitable and returned promptly - my latest statement shows that Littlewoods received them back on 03.11.09, well before the minimum payment date.

As I knew that I was returning them, I did not pay the £8.00 due on the last statement. (I have had my Littlewoods account for over 20 years and this system has always worked up until now - the value of the returned goods are credited to my account and this clears the outstanding balance.)

However, I have just received my latest statement (dated 28.11.09) and Littlewoods have added a "Missed Minimum Payment Fee" of £12.00 to my account. At the time that this statement was prepared, they had already received the returned items, and therefore I did not owe them any money.

If one takes this to its logical conclusion, then in order to avoid any further "Missed Minimum Payment Fees" I would have to pay Littlewoods for any returned goods. These payments would become a credit on my account and would only be of any use to me when (or if) I decided to make further purchases. Littlewoods win both ways - they have both the returned goods and also the use of my money until I choose to make further purchases (which I am only doing a couple of times a year at the moment).

I shall, of course, be contacting them regarding the above, but would appreciate any help and guidance as to where I stand legally in the above matter.

Many thanks.

Pennie

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X