• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Freecycle ~ what a fab site!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freecycle ~ what a fab site!

Hi all, I've been using a great site for the past year. It's called Freecycle and you can join/sign up within your own local area. There you can offer your unwanted goods (anything from beds,fridgefreezers etc down to clothes, shoes, brick a brack etc) and also ask for stuff you need. And it's all FREE It helps the more needy people out there whilst also keeping the landfills from filling up.
    I have managed to pass on my childrens outgrown clothes and toys through this site, as well as gain a very nice wooden patio set, complete with parasol and seat cushions. And that's just to mention a few.

I hope it's ok to post the link...if not then my appologies.

http://www.freecycle.org/groups/unitedkingdom/

The Freecycle Network™ is made up of 4,234 groups with 4,422,000 members across the globe. It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. It's all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills.
    You can't scare me, I have children.

Re: Freecycle ~ what a fab site!

It is a great site and really helps in local communities. I'm going to move this to the money saving forum Thanks for posting xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

What a great idea,I signed up last night and have managed to get rid of a couple of things already:carrot:
      Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

I have used Freecycle quite a few times in my area , both giving things away and collecting items. It is a fantastic site and I would highly recommend it.
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

This is fab, I have used this site many times, and it also helps save the landfills from getting quite so full, so it's quite a green option :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Quite a bit of my furniture comes from the tip, including a lovely cast iron garden table and chairs for £5...kids got their bikes there, umm coffee table, bedside tables, bookshelf lol .... sofas off ebay, other stuff just kind of given to me by relatives and random people really (I must look needy) I can't actually think of a single piece of furniture in my house that I went to a furniture shop and bought....is that a good thing ? pmsl.

My dads coming up today (well he said he was but hes not ruddy here yet) and hes been to my old village church auction and got a job lot of rugs pmsl for £5 - gawd knows what they are like but stop me feet getting chilly. And no I dont have matching decorations on the christmas tree.

Most of my clothes are charity shops and again church auctions (who dont actually auction anything just say anything for £2 lol....got a gorgeous full length fake fur last time)

Must admit it would be nice to go and get something brand spanking new one day - but the kids would only trash it and it'd look ten years old in a week so whats the point. And I do love my wardrobes - think they were £1 on ebay and a day out to chelmsford in a freinds transit lol (so ok not hugely environmental that bit)

Haven't managed to use freecycle up here yet... the cambridge one was excellent. they also had a services type one where you'd give away indian head massages in return for some one cutting your lawn that kind of thing. Was pretty cool and you got to meet loads of lovely people.

god I just read that back and I sound like a right skinflint now. lol. I was the same even when i had lots of money (cause I did once). I just dont like shopping.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Just bumping this up for new members as it is a very useful site

not only for gettig items you need - but also for giving items you dont and helping others out
              "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

We use ours quite a bit, but I must admit that some other "members" manners lave alot to be desired.
                Also watch out for the blatant ebayers, who are simply taking advantage of others good nature to try and turn a profit.

Yes I ebay, but some of the people I have seen doing this via freecycle are..., well I can't think of a word that wont get *******'s.
                I think you know what I mean.

Comment

gosh just shows how naive I am never even thought of that
                  "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

this is a great site, i recently read a very informative case study on it for my marketing degree. communities are closing up now and websites/communities are going to thrive in the next 5-10 years. best to be a early mover.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X