• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on income budget sheet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on income budget sheet

Hi can anyone please tell me when my husband is filling out a budget sheet for his own personal credit card debt does he include my personal independence payment as part of his income as it is not his nor is it for him. He receives income support and carers allowance in his name. Any advice would be great thankyou.
    Tags: None

Hi

Given that as a couple you are both on Benefits, you may wish to take a long hard look at the purchases on the credit card before deciding that your PIP is solely your money. Your husband is obviously in financial difficulty or he would not need to complete a budget sheet. It is more than likely, nowhere near as cut and dried as "he gets income support and carer's allowance and the credit card debt is his because the card is in his name"

As a couple on Income support the claim is a joint claim with the addition of the carer element less the carer's allowance. I would imagine that both the Income support and carer's allowance are paid into the same account and unless you have separate banking arrangements your PIP is probably paid into that account too.

If your husband is buying items for the house, for your personal use etc using this credit card and not just using it to fund his lifestyle, then although it is in his name, part of the debts may be joint debts.

My advice to you would be to sit down and realistically list All of the household income and All of the household expenses and work out what you have left as a couple at the end of the month. If you are then able to pay the credit card, make them an offer and submit the same information to the credit card company as then you would not give the credit card company a false impression of the available income in order to come to a reasonable financial arrangement. If you have less than £90/month disposable income before you pay any of your debts, then I would suggest you look at obtaining a Debt Relief Order

Comment

I use online documents to manage my family budget. It's comfortable

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X