• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Beagles £2 coin & small change savers club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beagles £2 coin & small change savers club

Here we go its nearly the start of a new year. So what you all say, well I've had a think and have decided to start a 'small change' savers club, my OH and myself have been saving all our small change through the year in a gallon bottle that I rescued from behind the bar or our old pub, and have been saving £2 coins in an old Thorntons Chocolates ceramic pot, so its well worth doing.

Total in £2 coins so far this year was over £500 and the small change not counted but I reckon in the region of £200-£300.

If anyone wants to join just add your name to the list.

Here's the deal - as from 1st January 2009 we all start saving our £2 coins and/or small change in a pot, bag, bowl or whatever.
    At the end of each month we everyone posts up how much they have in each pot, and make a sub-total and a total.
    At the end of the year everyone has money for Crimbo or a nice extra special treat.

Also we could all post up the total in our signatures, to keep us all interested.
    Last edited by Sapphire; 9th December 2008, 21:30:PM.

Re: Beagles 'small change' savers club

Small change we already do as I have a larger blue Piggy bank and my daughter loves posting coins into him.

Not to sure about £2 as I hardly seem to get any, but I'm game.

Comment

I'm in but I do £2 coins and £1 coins
      Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
      Me VS Abbey Win
      BIL HSBC Credit Card
      BIL EGG
      BIL HSBC Loan
      BIL PPI Win

Comment

Sounds a good plan if you have the will power not to dip into the pot when a bit skint.

Comment

Brilliant idea Sapphy :santa_wink: please add me in lol

I already save our small change throughout the year (so do my two girls, they both have piggy banks) into a ceramic pot and we all have counted it up this week....and so far my eldest daughter has saved £75 ! youngest daughter has got £64!...me and my o'h £102 lol.

It just goes to show that you can save substantial amounts, just by saving your 2ps, 5ps,10ps etc.. I hate those 5ps,too small and fiddly and get lost in my purse,so they go straight into the pot every time I get them in my change. It also helps if you suffer hardship anytime, and you have something to fall back on. It is not too hard to catch up and save more til the end of the year. Every little helps.

bfxx

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum

Comment

Originally posted by TANZARELLI View Post
            Sounds a good plan if you have the will power not to dip into the pot when a bit skint.
            hmm....now thats where I fail!!! lol

Comment

Ok for the of you with little or no willpower, from now on called 'Dippers'.

Seal the bloody pot with tape, superglue, concrete, anything to discourage you from 'dipping' into it.
              But if you really, really have to then ok no problem, just start again.

Don't forget to add this to your signatures peeps:

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum.

Oh and by the way I WILL BE NAGGING & ENCOURAGING YOU ALL along the way. Those who save together, stick together eh !

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                Ok for the of you with little or no willpower, from now on called 'Dippers'.

Seal the bloody pot with tape, superglue, concrete, anything to discourage you from 'dipping' into it.
                But if you really, really have to then ok no problem, just start again.

Don't forget to add this to your signatures peeps:

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum.
                I didn't say I couldn't lol, was merely pointing out that it happens. Why would you not put the contents into a savings account on a monthly basis also as you will get a smidgen of interest also.

Comment

Re: Beagles £2 coin & small change savers club

Good idea Tanz, for those who want to then put your 'savings' into an account you may have spare and make it your specially designated account for this purpose.

Comment

Can I just point out that I have a regular transfer of £40 a month going into my savings account, specifically set up for Christmas, and I dip into that regularly when i need it......I've had to juggle my pay to get my shopping done pmsl....altho £40 went in last week, which could either go towards a new outfit, or beer, on mad friday

Comment

We save our change and then buy stamps with it at the supermarket. The machine at the supermarket that counts your change for you, is handy, as even though it takes a percentage you get a receipt and then either use it for your shopping or buy stamps for xmas as we do.

Comment

I am in, I already save my small change, have not counted it yet but will be going towards christmas day this year.

SL xx
                        Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Originally posted by scottishlass View Post
                          I am in, I already save my small change, have not counted it yet but will be going towards christmas day this year.

SL xx
                          Typical scot, waits till shops are shut :candycane:

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                            Typical scot, waits till shops are shut :candycane:

PMSL

Don't think you are far wrong this year as have not even started yet not even bought cards:eek2:

note to self get a move on woman:candycane:
                            Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

I will attempt to join in. Already save small change in a pot at work, but dn't religiously empty my purse of it. If I have change in my purse and something comes to £ and a few pence, i use the coppers rather than change another note of £1 coin. Can't afford to save £2 coins, need them for living.

But if I "find" any money or win a couple of quid I put it to one side. And then only use it if I'm desperate!
                              Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X