• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ruthies Mummy & Daddy Vs Naziwest!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruthies Mummy & Daddy Vs Naziwest!

Ok please be patient while I explain this situation to you all!

My Mum was an MD of her own company. She had a guaranteed overdraft with them (not sure what this means)... Anyway, Mum ignored how deep the business was into the overdraft and I assume that it went over the agreed limit, in the space of about 3/4 months she incurred £5000 worth of charges on it. My Mum decided to take out a loan to clear this off and stupidly guaranteed it personally so, even though the business was Ltd and its ceased trading almost 10 years ago she still has to pay for the loan.

When this reclaim your charges thing started Mum was interested in knowing whether she could claim the charges they had levied back or not so she sent an SAR. They came back with 2 accounts!!! One with about £1500 owed and another with the loan from the business which I believe is about £5/6k outstanding.

Mum knows nothing about this second account, never signed for it never asked for it, they're saying its a personal account, which she knows is wrong because she only ever banked with them personally for me to get the pigs, everything else was with TSB....

What's the next step? I was thinking send a formal SAR as I dont think my Mum did, then following that ask for the CCA....

Opinions anyone?

xxx
    Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
    For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
    And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

She would still be on the Young Saver account as it was called which should have then been converted into a first reserve in her name.
    SAR should get all the information.

Ruthie- bit harsh on the title. JMHO

Comment

No she never asked for a personal account, thats the point Nattie... she set me an account up for the pigs, which was then converted to first reserve etc... She didnt even know about this apparent personal account until she received the letter a couple of months ago following her request for all account info....

x
      Last edited by cinders; 20th June 2007, 20:04:PM. Reason: im a bit thick....

Comment

Can you confirm what type of account does she have? is it the first reserve or is that separate?
        I can say more once i have these details.

Comment

Ill find out and get back to you Nattie, she is a bit sketchy with details at the minute.

xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X