• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Business account don't know what to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business account don't know what to do?

Hi to everyone,

I'll try and cover what I think is the most important information but my claim has been going on for a long time and I'm at a stange where my business can not cope with charges being applied to charges.

I originally put a claim into Barclays Feb 2007 for charges covering my account up till then. Barclays sent me an offer in May 2007 this I never received and It didn't come to my attention until Oct 2007 that an offer had been made. This eventually was paid out in Feb 2008. AS it took so long for this to get sorted more charges had been applied to my account in June 2007 and Sept 2007 and then Dec 2007 totalling £1200.00 If the original claim was refunded then these other charges wouldn't have mounted up.

The FOS have been dealing with my claim and when the original offer was refunded they said that I had to start a new claim for the rest which I did, don't know why it had to be done this way it was clear that the mess up with the original claim was the reason these other charges had accumalated.

Since I contacted the FOS back in feb 2008 regarding new claim the forms which I had to filled out have been returned to me twice stating that until the bank gives me a final responce letter which I knew this; but Barclays hadn't responded to any letter so how could I have a final reponse letter. I ring the FOS explained situation and was told to send everything back which I did.

While all the twoing and throwing was going on I got an offer from Barclays on the 25 April 2008 for £575.00 with 28 days to accept. Rang FOS and they said they where not dealing with business accounts now because of the OFT court case. I was so disappointed after all what i'd been through. However I then received a letter on the 13 May 2008 from the FOS telling me they will be looking at my case and its awaiting a case officer to look at it. I have been hanging on not knowing what I should do. I rang the bank and they told me because the fos are dealing with it all information has to come via them. So I cant accept offer and cant refuse offer and the FOS are taking there time, if the FOS write back and say sorry all business accounts are now on hold I don't think I can cope anymore.

The situation I now face is my business account is overdrawn by £1000.00 all made from charges. I can not pay anymore debits from my account therefore finding it hard to keep my business running. Tried asking for overdraft but they wont do.

Sorry its a bit long winded but lots of other stuff has gone on in between all this I could write a book on how incompentant Barclays are.

My business can not hold on any longer so I need advise I what other options are available.

Thanks lizzy1

Re: Business account don't know what to do?

Hi Lizzie

Sorry to hear what trouble you are having with Barclays.

Yes, there is a lot of confusion over business accounts at the moment and until the next stage of the test case it is unlikely to get much clearer.

In your situation, I would personally be tempted to open a second account from a new bank to be able to run my business properly, at least until the bigger picture can be reolved properly.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I'm confused. what jurisdiction does the F.O.S. have over a business account? do you mean for a sole proprietorship or something? What kind of business are you?

Comment

Def get a new business account to run your day to day stuff and deal with the claim and the charges reclaim and/or overdraft debt seperately without it impacting on your business.

Sole Prop will be FOS like tomterm says. Sounds like the FOS dont really know what they're doing on this one. If it wasnt a Sole Prop then the FOS were wrong saying Bus accounts were on hold, cause they aren't. If is is sole prop then it counts as personal and thus goes on hold - I'm not sure where the line comes in re business and the waiver on sole trader accounts. So yep confusing.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

if it helps ur not alone im in a simular situation myself i have stopped all money going into my barclays account and am dealing with them funny how they want to know when theres no money going in i moved everything over to a new account and am running in credit made me realise how much barclays were taking off me in charges whts the worst they can do?? i had many sleepless nights worrying over it but they are definatly not try not to worry it will get sorted eventually

Comment

Originally posted by wirlee View Post
            if it helps ur not alone im in a simular situation myself i have stopped all money going into my barclays account and am dealing with them funny how they want to know when theres no money going in i moved everything over to a new account and am running in credit made me realise how much barclays were taking off me in charges whts the worst they can do?? i had many sleepless nights worrying over it but they are definatly not try not to worry it will get sorted eventually

Hi wirlee

This is a bit of an old thread so if you want people to advise if you an issue with Barclays then starting your own thread will be best.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X