• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tempty V Natwest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tempty V Natwest

Well done Tempty your a very brave lady and you will win in the end xx

Comment

Tempty

Well done for putting up such a fight, I have an application to lift a stay against abbey end of November if you have any info on the natwest strategy I would be grateful for any info you may have.

Thanks

Glenn

Comment

Hiya Tempts

Sorry I haven't been around here, but I was thinking about you, and just wanted to say how sorry I am that it went the way it did, .

Just as a thought, this loan that they made you take out, are you still paying it? if so, would it do any good to stop paying (on the grounds that you can't afford the payments), and have them force you into court that way........ you can then hit them with the taking of your benefits, not giving you the tax credits back etc etc, just wondered if this could be a way forward?

Comment

Unfortunately Delta, before they go to the trouble of taking you to court they pass it around as many DCA's as they can and completely wreck your credit file, no guarantee to get any of it put right either!!

I'm sure we'll think of something

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
            Hiya Tempts

Sorry I haven't been around here, but I was thinking about you, and just wanted to say how sorry I am that it went the way it did, .

Just as a thought, this loan that they made you take out, are you still paying it? if so, would it do any good to stop paying (on the grounds that you can't afford the payments), and have them force you into court that way........ you can then hit them with the taking of your benefits, not giving you the tax credits back etc etc, just wondered if this could be a way forward?

Hi Delta
            thanks for the thought hunni, but I think jan is right on this one..... the risk of it damaging my credit history too badly is one I can't afford to take!
            even if hubby gets a job in the next couple of weeks...... it's gonna be a long haul out of this mess we have slowly been sinking into...... our only Saviour is that we do have allot of equity in the house...... and as long as hubby can at least find a job in the near future we have the option to release some of that and get ourselves out of this hole. Obviously this is not an option we want to have to take and will try to avoid having to take this action at all..... but it is an option available....... as long as our history remains in tact! So far.... by some miracle I have managed to avoid getting anything on my history (not sure how i managed it mind) Just gotta make sure I can keep it that way...lol

As far as Cobblers go though..... I'm not done yet

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn UK View Post
              Tempty

Well done for putting up such a fight, I have an application to lift a stay against abbey end of November if you have any info on the natwest strategy I would be grateful for any info you may have.

Thanks

Glenn

Hi Glen
              there's not really allot that I can tell you about Natwest's strategy as most of it seemed to involve ignoring me!!. They did not submit a bundle (were requested twice to do so)
              They turned up to court carrying their skeleton argument and gave it to me 10 mins before the hearing.

they sent one of their top lawyers (apparently..... press did some research on him)

They tried to pick as many holes in my argument as possible (most of which I managed to argue back)

The one thing I will say though.... if at any time you have amended your claim with an N244........ make sure you amend your POC aswell. I was told by the court (clerks) that an N244 was enough! apparently this was not the case. I only got away with it because I had written to the bank and the court about it...stating my reason for the change and reminded the judge that i am after all a litigant in person and not legally trained. she let it go...thank god...but i think it did sway her against me.

Just make sure your paperwork is as airtight as you can get it.
              get some one to look at it for you if you need to. that's really all i can say to you, stay calm, stand your ground.... hopefully you will have better luck then I did..... I did come very close :okay:

Good luck
              Tempty

Comment

Tempty

I admire you for standing your ground against them in Court.
                Having faced Barristers for Barclays & Halifax in the same hearing, I know how daunting it can be.

I dont know about you, but it made me feel good to have finally gone face to face with the banks, or at least their barristers, and to have come out the other side, maybe not victorious but not at a loss either.

Good Luck and nothing should sway you now.

Paul

Comment

Oh Tempty, what a horrible position they've left you in. I haven't been back here for ages, Enaid encouraged me to read your thread. I sincerely hope that you and anyone else in this position gets a damn good result at the end of this nightmare.

Thoughts are all with you, good luck.

Lou

Comment

Well you're famous OTR now Tempty. In the natwest forum someone has posted the whole article from the newsapaper, with your name, street, partners name and all.. At least I'll know where to post your CXhristmas card to!!!!
                    Is no longer here

Comment

Don't know who that is OTR, but Tempty was asked about her personal details being published and apparently ok'd it.

Comment

Yep I realised that later....... no one particular OTR, just someone trying to pass on the info to others, i suppose. Don't think any harm intended. And our Tempty's famous now
                        Is no longer here

Comment

Hi Tempty
                          Someone posted this on my thread at CCS and I immediately thought that this may you http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/di...=sideb****arch.

I have not had a chance to read it thoroughly yet but it does show up the plight of hardship cases such as ours.

Will catch up with you soon I am feeling very down at the moment.

Luv
                          DSxx

Comment

:hugsss: hun xx Are you going to go through the FOS ? I think you should.

(oh yes that is tempts case)
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

LOl fame at last eh!

I'm glad peeps are reading about it.... I hope the banks are too. I'm not done yet and yes I am going to the FOS with this. Watch this space

and thanks again for all the support...... it really does give you the strength to carry on )

Comment

well done tempty you keep at them!
                                im sending mine off to FOS this week so ill see what they have to say.
                                good for you bringing this to everyones attention.About time they were shown for the thieves they are!!!:witch:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X