• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI and Santander again..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI and Santander again..

Hi All,

I followed the process some time ago in trying to claim miss-sold PPI from Santander/Genworth and got the usual rejections stating non advised sale etc. etc... Even though they had crossed out the section the form for marital status etc. and employment status (suggesting it was of no importance).. and the tick for PPI was not in my handwriting. I went to the FCA and after FOS told me it's not in their jurisdiction as it happened in 1997 but go t no further.

I have since seen the posting in the news that rules have changed and Santander have actually paid up on a few of these claims now. (see post on the Telegraph website)

I want to pick this up again before time runs out - Could someone (I know Di you have been very helpful here) help me in how I should go about re opening this dialogue with Santander and pursuing the claim.?

Many Thanks in advance
    Ashley
    Last edited by comports; 18th January 2016, 15:05:PM. Reason: incorrect link in the post - updated
    Tags: None

Re: PPI and Santander again..

Originally posted by comports View Post
    Hi All,

I followed the process some time ago in trying to claim miss-sold PPI from Santander/Genworth and got the usual rejections stating non advised sale etc. etc... Even though they had crossed out the section the form for marital status etc. and employment status (suggesting it was of no importance).. and the tick for PPI was not in my handwriting. I went to the FCA and after FOS told me it's not in their jurisdiction as it happened in 1997 but go t no further.

I have since seen the posting in the news that rules have changed and Santander have actually paid up on a few of these claims now. (see post on the Telegraph website)

I want to pick this up again before time runs out - Could someone (I know Di you have been very helpful here) help me in how I should go about re opening this dialogue with Santander and pursuing the claim.?

Many Thanks in advance
    Ashley
    Apologies - I think I posted this is the wrong section but can any one help..?

Comment

The type of case in the Telegraph piece relates specifically to the level of commision generated from the sale. FCA/FOS are yet to publish their guidance on these types of claim since the Plevin ruling.

It would be tough for you to win a pre-regulated non-advised sale claim in any event to be honest. Not that you weren't mis-sold to (as in reality you probably were) it's just that there was simply nothing in the rules at that time to prevent them.

Comment

For all cards taken out before 14 Jan 2005, send the Santander Rejection Letter to Genworth who will take over the complaint. EXC is incorrect about Non Advised. There are many reasons that a non advised storecard will be upheld with regulation being irrelevant to them. Pre-existing medical conditions, self employed, unemployed, retired, high cost of ppi in relation to benefits, good sick pay provision 6 months or more, good savings, no optionality on the app. So send to Genworth - there is no start date - they will accept claims all the way back to the early 80's.
        Take from the Greedy and Give Back to the Needy!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X