• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help Please.!!! ~~SETTLED!~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please.!!! ~~SETTLED!~~

Hi all , first post on here , but a fair way down the claim route .
    Filed with MCOL , received a notice of issue on the 8th May ( deemed served on 13th May ) and have heard nothing since . So i sent a nudge letter on the 30th May giving them a further 7 days to pay up or at least defend , but still nothing !!!!! What should i do ???? Do i wait some more or file judgement . If i file , does this delay the claim alot longer ?.

Sorry for all the questions , but thought someone may have some ideas .Thanks in advance .

Hi Paul

Nationwide did exactly the same to me when I claimed against them. The day after I sent the second nudge letter they paid up in full.

It may well be worth giving them a call also.

Once you have done all this, only then file for judgement.

Good Luck
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi Celestine , At last someone who's been there . lol . Can i ask you which address did you send your nudge letters to ( i've sent mine to the registered address ) and how long did you wait before you sent the second letter ?

THANKS , paul

Comment

OOPs , forgot to ask , who did you ring , and have you the number . thanks again,paul

Comment

Hi Paul

I sent the nudge letters seven days apart. I personally didn't call them because they settled, I'll try and find you a phone number to call them on.
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi Celestine and thanks . By the way , was it the same address you sent the letters to ?.

Comment

Hiya Paul

I used this address for all letters

Nationwide Building Society
              Branch Service Centre

Electra House
              Farnsby Street
              Swindon
              SN38 9NQ

and these are the telephone numbers:

08457 30 20 10
              01793 656837

Let us know how you get on

Comment

ok thanks,Paul

Comment

Hi Paul, i called them to see what was happening with my claim and then they defended!! aarrghhh.........just waiting on their defence now.......hope yours is settled soon xx
                  Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

Mcol filed 03/05/07

Comment

Hi all , just had a reply from my nudge letter , - standard letter about charges and t&c . Basically tuff poo we're not paying you !! .
                    This is the same letter i received as before when i sent prelim and LBA . What worries me is that there is no mention of the court proceedings or there defence . Is this usual ????? If so should i go ahead with my next nudge letter ?? And what do you suggest i write in it ??? Sorry for so many questions , Thanks ,Paul

Comment

Hi Paul, I wouldn't worry about it too much, they are running way behind with the claims and as a result they are leaving puting in a defence until the very last minute, My case just got transferred to Northampton from mcol and i sent an email to eversheds and they put in a defence within an hour of receiving the email, hope you get a result soon x

Mcol filed 03/05/07

Comment

Hi Lori , thanks , but the deadline for their defence is up and has been for weeks - hence the nudge letter . I think i'll send another letter on Monday and ring them as well . ( i really dont want to enter judgement !!)

Comment

I would not want to file for Judgement either, but it seems to me you have done all you can and, in this instance, I would file - they have left you no choice.

I had to do the same for my Sister with her Natwest claim. They ignored every single letter. They paid up in full once she had filed for Judgement.

Comment

Hi , Amy , did it delay the claim alot ?.

Comment

Sorry Paul, in that case Amy is right you have done all you can......give them a call as you said and give them a few days to pay up fingers crossed for you x

Mcol filed 03/05/07

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X