• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Celestine flattens First direct

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celestine flattens First direct

Hi All

Just thought I'd share my First Direct claim with you all.

We had all statements so we sent a prelim letter on 15th Feb, an LBA on the 5th March, and then filed the claim on the 22nd March. During this perod, they made 2 offers one of which was full charges but we had already filed the claim...so tooo late!

Since then they submitted a weak defence, and then failed to submit the AQ by the 18th of May.
    I called the court today and still nothing received, the judge is about to make an 'unless' order, so hopefully we shall see payment soon.

Any thoughts on directly contacting First Direct/HSBC to hurry things along?
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Re: Celestine flattens First direct

First Direct AQ filed late on 13th June.

Other Information contained this text:

We are currently in the process of reviewing this claim with our client, The Defendant, and consider that a stay of proceedings would assist.
    At this juncture, we believe that this matter is capable of settlement and for this reason we seek a stay of the proceedings for an initial period of 6 weeks, by which time we hope to be in a position to confirm settlement to the Court or proposed directions for continuance of the claim.

Then despite sending a letter and telephoning 3 times (only to get voicemail, left messages) we heard nothing at all.

Court set a date of 11th September for full hearing.

Still nothing..........till the OFT decision happened.

Then we receive a long standard letter (21st Aug) from DG about the OFT case, 'we will be applying to the Court for an order to stay your action until resolution of the banks proceedings with the OFT'

Then we receive an Order from the Court. 22nd Aug

Upon the Courts own motion. The Court has made this order of its own initiative without a hearing. Claim stayed till 7/3/08.

GRRRRR
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Cele hun believe me I know how you are feeling right now, feels like you've been smacked in the gut!! getting a court date only to be told later that it's all been for nothing and they've stayed the case!

Don't give up just yet though hun, I know you've already spoken to Tools and Ame. I really do believe that you have a good solid reason to appeal the stay here. I'm not just saying it coz mine went through ok (still won't fully believe until it's here in black and white) Honestly it looks as though the bank has done everything it can to stall ...... possibly knowing about the upcoming OFT case....who knows.
      Cant hurt to let the guy's have a look though, it might not be a lost cause after all!!

Good luck hun, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you
      Temptyxx

Comment

So they filed their AQ a MONTH late?
        Thats disgusting, thats reason enough to lift the stay surely?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X