• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nat west loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nat west loan

Hello everyone. I havent been on here for quite some time and a lot has happened in that time. The reason for my visit today is as below:-

I have an ongoing loan with NatWest and I am thinking about settling it. I have contacted them to get a settlement figure which is £4,563.69, which includes a settlement charge of £115.44!!!!.....when I asked them what charge is being applied for, I was told its the interest that is calculated over 2 months. I asked but why 2 months, why not 1 month. I was told that thats just what is in the terms and conditions. I then asked, instead of paying the loan off in full, can I pay a lump sum of it off.....and guess what..............if I were to day that then I would be charged a 'partial payment fee'!!!!........so which ever I decide to do, whether it be pay the loan off in full or a lump sum of it, im going to be charged!!!.....how on earth can this be fair, and how is it helping me to control my finances??..........if i continue to pay it the maturity date is 3rd July 2017, and as I dont work I want to get rid of this debt while I have the chance, as this is the biggest drain on my finances.

My question is.......do they HAVE to apply this charge for settling the debt? or is it worth asking them to waiver it. After all they are refunding charges etc every day to help people, so could they not waiver this charge to help me at such a difficult time in my life.

Any help would be very very grateful
    Tags: None

Re: Nat west loan

No harm in asking but I personally wouldn't bank on a favourable reply (pun intended)

Comment

Re: Nat west loan

Tracey, the NatWest website is not very clear on the issue of a charge for making a payment on top of your existing loan. The two months interest is 100% correct for loan settlements(although for some reason the natwest website is confusing again).

The two months means that your loan has more than 12 months to run(according to the poor natwest confusing website, it's two months if it's over 12 months).

I don't have an answer to making overpayments on the account because it's unclear. I made overpayments on my loan account and never had interest charged but clearly they might have changed that. I don't use them for my main banking anymore.
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X