• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help!! Lloyds default on arrears that we didn't know of!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!! Lloyds default on arrears that we didn't know of!!

Hi everyone!
    Just wondered if anyone can help us!
    Me and my partner are looking to buy our first house. Everything going good unthouse! had to do a credit report to fond a big fat default on my partners loan that he knew nothing about!

In 2010 Lloyds defaulted my partner on the arrears of his loan. He was supposed to pay £195 per month but circumstances changed so the agreement changed to £100 per month. Everything was fine. Payments were taken and pretty much every month since had been paid. What they failed to tell my partner is that as he is paying less than the first agreement that he could get defaulted on it!

We have contacted the bank and they are fully satisfied that they done everything by the book although my partner had no default notice and no solicitors letter that was supposed to have been sent by royal mail. They are also refusing to send us copies of the original letters, saying that they are not on the file anymore.
    They also have on the computer that my partner had made a phonecall to them 2 days after they supposedly sent this letter, with no records of what the phonetically was about they ASSUME that the call was about the default notice that we never got!

We have tried doing this over the phone but as they do they just fobb us off to contact the ombudsmen.
    Is there anything else we can do before going down the letter route as we don't have time on our side as we have found our perfect house.

Please help!!
    Tags: None

Re: help!! Lloyds default on arrears that we didn't know of!!

Hello Carla
    One of the clever legal beagles will be along soon to give you constructive advice.
    In the meantime;
    Forget phone calls. Get everything in writing and when writing to these gits sent it recorded delivery. It costs a bit more but at least you can prove they got it.
    This issue of defaulting people when they have an agreed reduced payment plan reared its head in orfosters fight with Lloyds. (See LegalBeagle Wins Bank Charge Case). I myself have had account defaults added to my credit file when I was on an agreed reduced payment programme.
    Let’s see what the clever chaps say and in the meantime try not to let this get you down; you have come to the right place.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Just to be clear - the dispute here is only over a default registered with the credit reference agencies is it?
      You mention a solicitor's letter, but that isn't needed for a default. They just need to have complied with the rules by sending a valid Default Notice that allowed you 14 days to remedy the breach.

Comment

So was the term of the loan extended at the time or was this just an agreement for him to pay less because of other reasons? There should definitely be some paperwork about all this. Have you submitted an official complaint with Lloyds? You have to do this before approaching the ombudsman. It might be also worthwhile to contact the credit agency directly and explain what happened. Are you in any position to clear the debt?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X