• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Natwest bank default wrong date used!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwest bank default wrong date used!

Hi everyone. I'm new here so plz be gentle. :0).

I would appreciate it if somebody could give me some advice on an issue I having with natwest bank. I had a bank account with them can't remember when account was opened but it was around 2006. Due to financial problems I had a returned dd which I received a bank charge for. This said bank charge when the took it sent me overdrawn. ( I know this was my fault ) but regardless of that they the charged me by the day until the debt rose to over 400. All this being charges. I didn't know this until I looked into bank account some weeks later as it was t my main bank account used. Anyway I told the. I wasn't paying it it was unfair to out that amount of charges on it and I left it as that. This all happened in 2006/2007. Now some year on I have grown up some and have been sorting out my credit file but by bit and there is only natwest on it now. My problem that I wanted help with was that looking at my credit file natwest have used default date of feb 2010. Is this ok for them to use. I didn't default the. I am pretty sure it was 2007! If this was the case the my default should have bed. Spent if put on correctly. I guess what I am asking is can they use what default date they like? Is there a law they have to use a certain date as it makes a huge difference as it should either be off my file or due to come off soon. At the moment we are talking feb 2015.

I am am trying to get a mortgage and don't want to do that until this has been resolved due to paying higher rates if I was even offered one .

Thanks for any help in advance. It's more than welcome

sue xx

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X