• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nat west business loan - cant find agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nat west business loan - cant find agreement

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    Okay.

Have the bank at least said how much in arrears they consider the account to be ?
    No they haven't

Comment

lol, well that's a bit banana's.

So the FOS adjudicated that they pay you £300 compensation for not having your agreement, that they were entitled to call in the loan, and that they didn't have to give you any arrears figures/statements etc ?

All sounds a little odd to me.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
        Thought as much sorry to hear that, by the way its the F.O.S.,unless your reffering to another regulator,kind of through me a bit.
        They havent been much help, they found for me but a £300 award, I didnt accept, as it didnt solve the problem, is there really no one else?

Comment

So the FOS adjudicated that they pay you £300 compensation for not having your agreement, that they were entitled to call in the loan, and that they didn't have to give you any arrears figures/statements etc ?

Amythyst, that just about sums it up!!! Understand my frustrations?!Im going to post the letter for you, just need to take out my name etc, I need to do that dont I ?

Comment

Yes please xx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Letter as of 16th December 2013 Who is the regulator then? can you help with this?

Thank you for sending me your response to my assessment of your complaint. I have considered very carefully the additional information that you have sent me. However, I regret I have to tell you that my view of the complaint remains unchanged.

You say that your loan account should be reinstated because it was not in arrears when it was passed to the bank's collections department and I accept that this was the case. However regardless of the reasons for why the bank says your account was passed to collections, it remains the case that payments have been returned from your loan account as unpaid from April 2010. As a result the account has entered arrears and been defaulted. This means that the bank is entitled to demand full repayment of the loan and therefore I am unable torecommend that your original loan agreement is reinstated with an agreed term until February 2021.

I do acknowledge that on occasions the bank has not provided you with the level of customer service that you expect. However the bank has agreed to award you £300.00 compensation in acknowledgement of this. The Financial Ombudsman Service only makes modest awards and therefore I believe that this is a fair and reasonable offer. I believe that this award sufficiently addresses the level of service that you received from the bank and I am unable to recommend that it does anything further.

I note that you say the bank should have to pay a higher compensatory award as it will only be then that the bank will take more care of their customers. However this service is not the regulator, and therefore it is not our role to punish the bank. It is for this reason that this service only recommend modest awards for compensation.

Therefore my assessment of your complaint remains unchanged from my findings detailed in my letter dated 16 December 2013. I hope you will accept my assessment.

To accept my opinion in full and final settlement of the complaint, please sign, date and return the settlement form enclosed with my letter dated 16 December 2013 so that it reaches me by 31 January 2014. I will then ask NatWest to settle the matter with you directly.

As a reminder, you have the right to ask the ombudsman to review your complaint – as the final stage in our process. However, I hope this will not now be necessary.

Yours sincerely

Comment

hmmmm. Thankyou for posting that up.

However regardless of the reasons for why the bank says your account was passed to collections, it remains the case that payments have been returned from your loan account as unpaid from April 2010. As a result the account has entered arrears and been defaulted. This means that the bank is entitled to demand full repayment of the loan and therefore I am unable torecommend that your original loan agreement is reinstated with an agreed term until February 2021.
                What is the actual position of your payment history since the end of your agreed payment holiday?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

hmmmm. Thankyou for posting that up.

What is the actual position of your payment history since the end of your agreed payment holiday?
                  Paid exactly what they have asked for!! But its not enough according to them now and the arrears caused initially by payment holiday.

Comment

Okay let's start over with the SAR then. How's this sound?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

National Westminster Bank Plc
                    135 BISHOPSGATE
                    LONDON
                    EC2M 3UR

Dear Sir/Madam,
                    Data Protection Act 1998 Subject Access Request
                    YOUR NAME : YOUR ADDRESS : YOUR TRADING NAME (IF APPLICABLE)

Please supply the information about me I am entitled to under the Data Protection Act 1998. I also request data held about me in my capacity as a Sole Trader including all information relating to any Business Account/Loan.

I would be grateful if you would provide the following: -

• Full copies of all contracts / agreements which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organisation, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.

• A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to ALL of my Loan Accounts/Current Accounts/Credit Card Accounts with your organisation.

• Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.
                    • Copies of any communications you have had with the Land Registry or any third parties regarding myself or my accounts.

• Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organisation or third party which contains my personal or financial information, or which pertains to me - including any debt/collections department.

• Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

• Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.
                    • Copies of any telephone recordings made, and/or any notes made regarding any contact between myself and your company.

I enclose a cheque in the sum of £10 to cover your fee. If you are unable to deal with this request, you should immediately forward it to the person within your organisation responsible for Data Protection. You will be aware that I expect this information to be delivered to me within 40 days. If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you and can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 or at www.ico.org.uk

Should you require further information to enable you to comply with this request please contact me on TELEPHONE / EMAIL etc.

Yours faithfully

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Jackien View Post
                      Paid exactly what they have asked for!! But its not enough according to them now and the arrears caused initially by payment holiday.
                      btw, did they give you the new amount after your payment holiday in writing ?

Also some fun reading for you - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...s-lending.html & http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...legations.html & http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...l-trouble.html (you get the idea)
                      Regulator of the banks is the Financial Conduct Authority / FCA .
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Also some fun reading for you - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...s-lending.html & http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...legations.html & http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...l-trouble.html (you get the idea)
                        I think they may have done will check in regards to the letter, fantastic thank you ready to go in post tomorrow by signed for delivery !!

Comment

OMG noooooooo !!! ok will take that to bed with me tonight. I really appreciate having had your undivided attention today, wonder how I found you?? saw you on Marnies web page, shes an old friend x

Comment

Dubai Marnie ??
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Dubai Marnie ??
                              The one and only!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackien View Post
                                The one and only!!
                                Probably a bit off topic, but how is she getting on now? I think last I heard she was applying for overnight stays with the boys, but that was over a year ago now. Brave lady.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X