• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nat west business loan - cant find agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nat west business loan - cant find agreement

Ummmm well that's not really covering their obligations under the Data Protection Act and your request. It may be the rest of the info is coming under separate cover or you might want to respond to them asking them for everything else.

mortgage account from 2007 to date.
    Does that all look correct and shows the payment break correctly ? Does it show the effect of your payments and the break ?

Since 2009 the only entries are a failed direct debit each month for 1801.26
    Is that for every monthand are you being charged for the failed DD ?

a credit for 700
    Is that the payment you are making directly?

quarterly amounts of interest of 1050.00.

Is that the same every quarter throughout the loan period since 2006?
    You're on capital repayment aren't you (or meant to be) - what does that work out the interest rate as?
    Are there no charges/fees etc showing ?

and what's the current balance?

Your SAR asked for

• Full copies of all contracts / agreements which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organisation, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.

• A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to ALL of my Loan Accounts/Current Accounts/Credit Card Accounts with your organisation.

• Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.
    • Copies of any communications you have had with the Land Registry or any third parties regarding myself or my accounts.

• Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organisation or third party which contains my personal or financial information, or which pertains to me - including any debt/collections department.

• Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

• Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.
    • Copies of any telephone recordings made, and/or any notes made regarding any contact between myself and your company.
    So they have a way to go to provide the rest.

Possibly give them a call and ask if the rest is on its way, otherwise I'd give it a few days (till the 40 days are up) see if it's just under separate cover then write to them asking for the rest asap(and reminding them of their obligations under the DPA and informing them you will tyake it to the ICO - we'll rewrite something)
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Ummmm well that's not really covering their obligations under the Data Protection Act and your request. It may be the rest of the info is coming under separate cover or you might want to respond to them asking them for everything else.

mortgage account from 2007 to date.
      Does that all look correct and shows the payment break correctly ? Does it show the effect of your payments and the break ?

Since 2009 the only entries are a failed direct debit each month for 1801.26
      Is that for every monthand are you being charged for the failed DD ?

a credit for 700
      Is that the payment you are making directly?

quarterly amounts of interest of 1050.00.

Is that the same every quarter throughout the loan period since 2006?
      You're on capital repayment aren't you (or meant to be) - what does that work out the interest rate as?
      Are there no charges/fees etc showing ?

and what's the current balance?

Your SAR asked for

So they have a way to go to provide the rest.

Possibly give them a call and ask if the rest is on its way, otherwise I'd give it a few days (till the 40 days are up) see if it's just under separate cover then write to them asking for the rest asap(and reminding them of their obligations under the DPA and informing them you will tyake it to the ICO - we'll rewrite something)
      Thank you, I will get the answers over the weekend for you, the 40 days are up on Sunday, so depending on your response I can get on to them next week.
      J

Comment

Did you go direct to thebank or via a broker cos if you went via a broker then they may have a copy .

Comment

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
          You need to phone them and ask for a settlement fee, a breakdown of all charges and copies of statements since the last statement received,you have to ask why they issued a formal demand and what rate of interest they are applying to your account at present and from when PHONE NOW.
          Think you need to do this now.

Comment

The Sar has provided me with the statements that I have not received since 2009, I have actually received them twice !
            Copies of some letters that I have been sent and recordings of a couple of phone calls but nothing very helpful and no agreement. The statements show that I owe 200k and the end date of the loan as they have pointed out is Feb 2021. I am currently paying the 700 per month and now they have asked me for just under 3k a month. I understood that my rate was 1.5% over base, by my calculations this is 331.00 pm interest only or nearly 2300 repayment. I dont know where they got the £3k figure from was going to write and ask. They have admitted that the agreement is lost.
            Last edited by Jackien; 26th April 2014, 13:30:PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
              Think you need to do this now.
              Now is the time to do this as SAR has not divulged anything that helps me or them. It would appear from the statements received that no charges have been applied to the account.
              Jackien

Comment

Jackien xx

Since 2009 the only entries are a failed direct debit each month for 1801.26 a credit for 700 and quarterly amounts of interest of 1050.00. There was no covering letter or comp slip, nothing but the statements.
                Do the new statements you have received match up with the ones you received in February?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Yes they do, btw everything was received outside of the 40 days does this help, not really I guess but there is nothing horrid in there anyway.
                  Jackien

Comment

Did the failed direct debit each month incur you charges on your bank account?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

No lol !

Comment

No ! lol
                        J

Comment

Is all a bit odd isn't it.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes and I think that was the comment you made when I first joined the forum, seems its still odd ah well!
                            But then the took away my banking facility so where would they show the charges they arn't on the statements for the loan agreement. I really want to reach an agreement, we have just got planning permisssion and have a holiday cottage now made from an old barn so thats good. Haven't told them obviously. Ill post the letters in a while see what you think. Dont think the FO letter will help me or them. Apart from saying they gave me bad service but did nt insist on the bank doing anything to put anything right.

Comment

I am having difficulty sending one of the letters, the final response from the FO. I have them on my computer, is there an email address I can forward them too, sorry
                              Last edited by Jackien; 28th April 2014, 11:14:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                                Is all a bit odd isn't it.
                                Response to D Waterman 9th Jan 2013
                                Thank you for acknowledging that my account was not in arrears when passed to the collections department. This was previously ignored and formed a large part of my complaint as the bank had always maintained that the account had been passed here for this reason. Surely this is a good enough reason for the account to be reinstated. .
                                The bank received returned mail in January 2010 when the Royal Mail redirection facility - which had been in place for more than 2 years took effect.
                                The bank were well aware that the business had ceased trading in 2007 so the returned post did not trigger the bank realising that the business had ceased trading. There had been very little activity on the account since the business closed so I do not believe it took the bank 3 years to realise anything.
                                I have correspondence from the bank in 2008 where they acknowledge that the business was not trading.
                                I received all statements and correspondence from the bank until January 2010 due to the redirection of mail.. What I failed to notice was which of my post was redirected and which was addressed directly. The post all came together.
                                I feel that the bank reacted badly to the return of the post from my previous address – which I had left on 2007 - they made no attempt to contact me on a mobile phone number that I have had for 20 years and also the land line number which would have reached me or even an email, in this day and age there is no excuse not to be able to make contact. Fay Larkin made a decision which was unnecessary and even said that I failed (actually refused) to give the bank a forwarding address. I do not accept that I was at fault for not providing the bank with an address which they had a security on, that is crazy. Of course they knew that I could be reached there.
                                I visited my local branch and made the change of address form to formalise the situation, I still felt it was expedient.
                                It was the bank that suggested the £700 payment was made.
                                I fully expected the bank to debit this monthly amount as they had previously been deducting the £350. When they informed me that the payment had not been made I immediately made the payment, and actually the next months payment as well as I was informed the revised amount needed to be advised by myself ?? This doesn’t seem right either and they are using this as an excuse that I am further in the wrong..
                                The bank told me that subject to a current valuation of the property a settlement maybe considered,
                                Under the freedom of information act I believe I am entitled to all correspondence held by the bank that relates to me.
                                In regard to the M112 form, in the absence of a loan agreement on what basis are the bank saying that the loan was a business account. I still think they should provide this form to the DWP for them to make a judgement . This is surely in the banks interest.
                                The Bank have not been consistent in their replies to you in this matter, you have reviewed a previous complaint so will be aware of this. Even last month they are promising a copy of my loan agreement will follow. Another example of stock replies that are worthless but they are rarely challenged.
                                In conclusion whilst I take some comfort from your findings I feel that the bank do not really care or even learn anything from complaints. They offer the odd £25 or £200 here and expect that to make everything alright. This is small change to them and it will only be when they are hit with compensation awards that have an impact on their finances that they will take more care of their customers.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X