• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nat west business loan - cant find agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nat west business loan - cant find agreement

JUST wondering, does this show up on your credit file? If so what markers are on and are they reporting each month?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Do you know why only half goes by DD?

Do you still have access to the current account?

Do you recall if maybe the loan was linked to the current account in a set off of interest type thing, like a ONE account? Where interest is set off against balance of current account.
      Im not sure why but it was the way it was set up, I think I must have been using another account maybe my husbands at some time and paying half from each. I have wondered this before but never dwelt on it. Since the current account was withdrawn I had to use another account, thank god I had access to one and I did manage to withdraw all of the funds from the NW account, I remember that !!
      I do not have access to the current account it was closed in 2009 by them, well they told me that I no longer had a facility with them. (their words)
      and no there was never an offset type account.

Comment

JUST wondering, does this show up on your credit file? If so what markers are on and are they reporting each month?
        I really don't know, I guess I should check.

Comment

Sounds dodgier by the minute.

Yes check your credit file and really we can't do much except surmise until the sar final response.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Sounds dodgier by the minute.

Yes check your credit file and really we can't do much except surmise until the sar final response.
            Yes I agree and thanks, speak again soon!!

Comment

RBS recreating agreements because, "". It did this because it was fed-up with the fact that some customers were getting their debts written off because staff could not find the paperwork.""

I would get that account set up and start paying your mortgage payments to yourself until further notice.

I, myself, would go a little bit further than that and would write them a letter saying that unless they can produce the necessary documents to prove you owe the money within 40 days then you will not enter into any further correspondence with them regarding this account or make any further payments towards this 'alleged' debt and they will have to write it off and release the charge against your property at the earliest opportunity.

I'm not recommending you do what I would do but it would force them into a corner, do they 'write it off' or do they 'issue proceedings', because at the moment they seem reluctant to issue proceedings but are happy to keep taking whatever money they can scare out of you.

You really do need to get a solicitor to look at this for you straight away, get all the paperwork you already have and the response letter from the lender regarding your SAR and make an appointment in the morning!

Comment

If the SAR still comes back with nothing after the forty days then I do agree Ian. There is too much at stake to stop paying just yet. Don't forget RBS are being 'investigated' over set up to fail' secured loans and maybe I'm over cautious but feel it may be playing into their hands somewhat. The property is a home, a valuable asset with borrowing only on fifty percent loan to value, and a building plot of land. I can quite well see the bank wanting to be able to call the loan in and take the security to sell to some of their mates at vastly under value to turn around to huge profits. I believe Jackien has the money available to bring the loan up to date (if it is indeed in arrears due to the possible cock up after the payment break) but I think that still leaves her vulnerable to possession?

There is definitely something amiss here. If the SAR comes back blank then yes hands might need forcing.

Any thoughts on why the loan payments are being paid to Jackien's closed current account?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Jackien View Post
                  Need a bit more time to read all of the posts but interesting reading and I get the gist, what was the outcome?
                  The outcome was that they came to an amicable settlement,and Paul got a gagging order.

Comment

If the SAR still comes back with nothing after the forty days then I do agree Ian. There is too much at stake to stop paying just yet. Don't forget RBS are being 'investigated' over set up to fail' secured loans and maybe I'm over cautious but feel it may be playing into their hands somewhat. The property is a home, a valuable asset with borrowing only on fifty percent loan to value, and a building plot of land. I can quite well see the bank wanting to be able to call the loan in and take the security to sell to some of their mates at vastly under value to turn around to huge profits. I believe Jackien has the money available to bring the loan up to date (if it is indeed in arrears due to the possible cock up after the payment break) but I think that still leaves her vulnerable to possession?

There is definitely something amiss here. If the SAR comes back blank then yes hands might need forcing.

Any thoughts on why the loan payments are being paid to Jackien's closed current account?

"""A reply to the SAR request today saying that they can not find any account for me with the info that I gave them. They have asked if I had a credit card with them as this may help in tracing me! I didn't. So will wait for the 40 days to be up and ask your advice again. Kind regards Jackien"""

They have replied to the SAR, didn't even have to wait 40 days, they have no info so they have no evidence to repossess.

Maybe the payments are being syphoned off from the closed current account into an employees back pocket as they know the payments won't be missed with no account info to match it to.

Whatever happens, the lender will still have to issue proceedings to repossess and they won't even attempt that while payments are being made but as there is no paperwork for the account I cannot see that ever happening so I would stop the payments, save the money in case it does go to court and show proof of funds to pay the arrears etc. if it is required by the judge. to prevent an SPO being granted to the lender.

The current 'worse case scenario' is the lender will issue proceedings if the payments stop but the question is, what will they present as evidence if the SAR cannot be fulfilled? They cannot suddenly appear in court with paperwork that they couldn't produce to the borrower when it was requested well before any proceedings.

Comment

Hi Amethyst
                      £350 goes by dd - it says NWB on my statement - and the other £350 I make a transfer each month - on the same date as the DD (28th) to the mortgage account, so £700 total. I have it set up as regular payment, have just checked and it is a sort code and account number, which happen to be the same as the current account that I had with the bank, is that weird? I wonder what would happen if I didn't pay, as per Ians post? Shall we just wait and see if anything else comes within the 40 days, I cant believe that is their final response. 20 days to go!
                      You are saying that you pay this monthly.
                      So you are paying £2100.00 per Quarter if this is the case you have been paying more than interest only.
                      Payments on base rate plus 2% are under £1700.00 per Quarter and have been since the end of 2009.
                      In 2007 the base rate at one point was over 5%.

Comment

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
                        And if they dont have it in the S.A.R..
                        UPDATE ..... Today I received a letter from Nat West dated 8 th Feb saying that they had received my SAR request and the fee and would deliver the SAR to my address within 40 days. The SAR was sent on 14 th Jan. Are they buying time? Should the deadline be 40 days from when I know they received the request. I have already had the letter mentioned a couple if posts ago.

Comment

UPDATE ..... Today I received a letter from Nat West dated 8 th Feb saying that they had received my SAR request and the fee and would deliver the SAR to my address within 40 days. The SAR was sent on 14 th Jan. Are they buying time? Should the deadline be 40 days from when I know they received the request. I have already had the letter mentioned a couple if posts ago.
                          Just wait, the last letter you received was it signed by the Data Controller.

Comment

The letter was signed by Manager, Subject Access Request Team

Comment

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
                              Just wait, the last letter you received was it signed by the Data Controller.
                              The letter was just signed ' The Manager' Data subject access request team
                              Last edited by Jackien; 18th February 2014, 21:43:PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

The letter was just signed ' The Manager' Data subject access request team
                                So today I receive an A5 hand written envelope containing bank statements for the mortgage account from 2007 to date. Since 2009 the only entries are a failed direct debit each month for 1801.26 a credit for 700 and quarterly amounts of interest of 1050.00. There was no covering letter or comp slip, nothing but the statements. What do we make if that?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X