• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

General Banking advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Banking advice

Morning! I am sorry if I have posted in the wrong section but I am so tired!
    I am making a constructive effort to get back into a good financial shape again. However, I am anxious because I have an overdraft with the Halifax bank. I understand that overdrafts can be repayable on demand.
    If they suddenly cancelled the £500 overdraft I would be in trouble. My plan was to gradually reduce it each month. I am thinking should I open a new bank account ( a basic one without overdraft) so my salary is safe. Then what I would do is monthly pay £100 into the Halifax until the overdraft is repaid.

I have a basic TSB account as a spare. Not sure if TSB is related in anyway to Bank of Scotland?
    Tags: None

Re: General Banking advice

Not sure the waters got mudded recently when TSB , in certain places became a seperate bank.
    I hope someone with more knowledge can come and help you, in the same position with natwest but have limited choice locally.
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Is there any particular reason for your concern about Halifax withdrawing your overdraft facility?

Having your salary paid into another account first would be a idea so long as you then transferred the whole amount to your Halifax account, which would need managing. If you didn't transfer it all each month it may give Halifax cause for concern re your overdraft because your income would appear to have reduced.

If I were you I would be pro-active and go in and talk to the Halifax and demonstrate that you are making a genuine attempt to pay off the overdraft and seek some assurance that it will be safe for the foreseeable future. That kind of approach counts for a lot.

Comment

TSB is part of LLoyds, I think the new TSB will be on it's own eventually,

http://www.lloydstsbtransfer.com/

Comment

Yes I don't think they've split yet.

Comment

On your Halifax account where you have the overdraft are there any terms relating to how much you pay in to the account each month ? Is there a reason you are specifically concerned about them withdrawing the overdraft?

If there is I would keep your salary going in as if they see a sudden drop in the money going in to your account they are more likely to withdraw the overdraft and start piling on charges.

Regarding Lloyds and TSB
            TSB will remain part of Lloyds Banking Group until it is transferred to a new owner. We plan to do this through an Initial Public Offering (IPO) – this means that TSB would be listed on the London Stock Exchange separately from Lloyds Banking Group. The process is due to start in the middle of 2014 and we’ll let you know more nearer the time.

Lloyds Bank and TSB customers can use branches of both banks for some time. We will put a notice in our branches to let you know when services for Lloyds Bank customers in a TSB branch, and TSB customers in a Lloyds Bank branch, will no longer be available.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X