• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds Loan conditions.........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds Loan conditions.........

Hi here are some Lloyds loan conditions of mine...........

3.2 If you fail to make a payment on time, you authorise us to collect the late payment by direct debit on the seventh business day after the payment was due. We may also use your direct debit to collect any repayments outstanding from loans that you asked us to repay using the loan. We will add any fee which you must pay us when your loan is transferred to our Collections department as explained in clause 2.8 to the current account you have with Lloyds TSB Bank plc or Lloyds TSB Scotland plc. We will tell you when we do this. If you do not have any available funds in your current account we will treat the addition of any fee as a request for an unplanned overdraft, or for the increase in your unplanned overdraft if you already have one, under the conditions which apply to your current account.
    3.3 You authorise us to make repayments due to us under this agreement from current or savings accounts you have with Lloyds TSB Bank plc or Lloyds TSB Scotland plc if you do not pay them on time yourself. Unless we believe the funds from the current or savings account will be moved before repayments are made, we will give you at least 7 days advance warning before we do this.

If i also bank with Lloyds and i have an arranged over draft facility of £300 . Say the account is -£200, and the loan payment is £200 if the loan payment was taken it would put the current account £100 into an unauthorised overdraft. Looking at the terms above do they need to give seven days notice to do this, or can they just take it on the day its due?
    Tags: None

Re: Lloyds Loan conditions.........

Unfortunately, you have to read your T&C's...keep reading them, until you understand!

I believe, that it was even worse for Lloyds TSB employees who had to have their accounts with the Bank...

The general consumer, can at least Bank elsewhere as well as Lloyds. Having said that "they"are pretty much the same.

Lloyds, have to give you, at least 7 days advance warning.

Comment

Hi Angry Cat, many thanks for your answer. Sorry to be a pain and question it, can i confirm what you think......
      Lloyds need to give me seven days notice before taking my current account into an un authorised overdraft situation based on what i've posted above ?

Comment

If the above bank gave me no notice and did not defer the taking of the money for seven days what recourse would i have ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X