• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds current Classic account - OD and charges and notification time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds current Classic account - OD and charges and notification time

Hi,
    I searched the forum in the past hour for this but could only find parts of what I am bothered with.
    Lloyds keeps doing this to me for 2-3 months now - well, since they first rejected my request for OD.

I try to arrange all DD and SO payments on the first of the month because that's when tthe account is loaded.

Here and there a payment comes in late - e.g. an annual donation or this month, Checkmyfile quarterly fee. They refused to give me OD, but then they have no issues with letting these payments out.
    Then they sit, for 8 days.
    I say 8 days emphasised because they charge 8x£5 max in daily fees: This month I got the letter yesterday that the account went OD on the 19th - interestingly last I logged on was on the 22nd and it was NOT accounted yet as far as I remember. Add to this, they charge some monthly fee of £15 if I'm not mistaken. And they also charge interest. Sometimes they charge 2 types of interests.... it really bugs me this month, because the account was in £19 OD, so they charge for £9, and literally sit on the stuff until there is an over £50 of fees.

If I know the account is empty I don't log on just for the fun of it, moreover I usually use my credit cards - due to once withdrawing money and having to have my Lloyds debit card replaced... the ATM still wears the sticker of being compromised. Where I come from - accounts are updated accurately and not 3-4 days after a daily fee is being charged. And customers are texted or called if a daily charging is due to start so they can do something to prevent bbut Lloyds literally just waits it out, to get the max. And if I want to get some insurance, a small formal OD so they can't charge daily, they reject me.

Am thinking to complain and try to have the fees waived, because I won't have another £50 something to donate to Lloyds every month, not even next month, and they clearly are tricking it out of me (at least it feels like it.) Is there a chance that these fees can be refunded to me / waived?

Thanks a lot!
    Tags: None

Re: Lloyds current Classic account - OD and charges and notification time

This got no responses, but since I had to call Lloyds today, I told them this. There was a bit of an argument as they kept telling me a letter is only a way of notification and I should manage it myself, and I kept responding that if I log on days after the trx and it's not accounted yet and doesn't show then how am I supposed to know.... :/
    So at the end I got refund of daily fees. I didn't get back the usage of £6 and the interest on the £9.95 they charge but I thought it's fair: I ended up using OD (not that I would've if I could've had a say in this) and the interest is small. But they waived the daily fees. So it's a small success for today.

Comment

Apparently it's really hard for Lloyds to stop someone unlawfully debiting from my card. The whole thing just happened again today.

However it's worse this time: they actually keep returning direct debits to my monthly bills, because there's less amount of money on the acc this month. Basically they paid out the same as last month - which I dunno how it can happen even! - and then they paid out my bills and returned them, and some bills they downright rejected.

I suppose I get reported for late payments by the likes of BT and Three for this (they report to Experian.) I only realised this as I started receiving messages and at 3pm Lloyds txted me that there's not enough money on my account, and I have to pay in until 3:30 (yea, 30 minutes they gave.) I saw returned DD and checked the actual balance seeing it's £0 (from almost £600 yesterday) when logging in.

I went to a branch after work to at least try to remedy the situation by paying in money but cashier is only until 5pm, so if you are a working professional and the nearest Lloyds branch is 20 mins away, you are not entitled to receive such service. I got educated by some overly smiley woman that I must be wrong and it's all my fault. I could not verify who debited this time I just suspect it since in the UK it takes days for payments to show - and it's pointless to call them and argue before that.

Comment

Look at your Lloyds account on line and at the top of the statement you will see two items: Current Balance & Available funds. If the available funds is less that current balance then there is something in the pipeline. This should allow you sufficient time to get funds into the account. I use this "feature" regularly.

Comment

That's not my problem, sorry....
          My problem is an unathorised payment that happens every single month - I have to call Lloyds and argue every single month. The reason I knew it was happening again, was that I checked my balances like you said.
          That does not mean tho that help can be sought from Lloyds... they just start returning the debits (£12 of fee for each) and drive the acc into overdraft (£6 + £5/day for each day) and until the disputed payment shows on the acc days after, they don't talk to you saying you have to wait until it's accounted. But they start returning your debits which would have gone out if they don't make the unathorised payment, and they start counting overdraft fees.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X