• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Current Account Suspended.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Current Account Suspended.

Called SOCA and got the pass around today only to be told that I need to take the issue up with my bank. Great back where I started again. :/ FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by kbrkbr View Post
      Called SOCA and got the pass around today only to be told that I need to take the issue up with my bank. Great back where I started again. :/ FFS!

Sounds a familiar story from most organsiations.

Comment

Oh thats absolutely awful !! I don't know what to suggest short of refusing to budge from your bank until the manager gives you a straight answer (and your money).

Comment

Originally posted by kbrkbr View Post
          I take it soca didn't deny any knowledge of the matter ?

It may be time to get a solicitor involved, there is a possible breach of human rights here (article 1). Also your MP, frankly disgraceful behavior.

Comment

Still no letter then?! How absolutely disgraceful!!!

Once you get this resolved compensation better be forthcoming and I would most certainly change who I bank with.

How about an e-mail direct to the CEO? Stephen Hester is his name if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Still no letter from rbs I got my copy of the complaint I made via the financial odbudsman via the post today and I made that on Friday afternoon.

Comment

Don't hold your breath! FOS complaints can take months to resolve and there is no guarantee that they will rule in your favour, no matter how cast iron your claim is.

My advice to you, and it comes from my own personal experience is to pursue the complaint through the bank first. They will send you letters periodically saying that they are still investigating your complaint and give you the option of taking the matter up with FOS (that is their way of saying that they are so snowed under with complaints that they have not started to look into your complaint yet) however the compensation you get at the end of the day will be greater and hopefully a bit quicker. Don't mention to RBS that you have started the complaint with the FOS cause that will give them a green light to sit on their backsides and not effectively help you in the meantime.

The compensation you might get from the FOS is at most circa £150. You have a much better chance of getting that sort of compensation level from RBS and quicker.

Comment

The allusions of rights, It would be handy to know a way I could force the bank to provide a reason(s) for their actions and give me back access to my account on points of law or legislation?

Comment

If you have made a complaint without the bank responding then the complaint will be sent to the bank by the FOS because they do not deal with any complaints unless you have been to the bank first and either you have a final decision letter or that 8 weeks have passed.
                    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

In other words, they'll find any excuse for indolence.

Comment

Kbrkbr, have you tried speaking to you local CAB? Hopefully the letter with be forthcoming today and some light will finally be shed on this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                          In other words, they'll find any excuse for indolence.
                          No, unless 8 weeks have passed or you have been give a final decision by the bank whichever one is earlier then the FOS will send the complaint to the bank to deal with initially prior to it then being dealt with them. The FOS are the ones that people can go to but only once the bank has been allowed time to respond to the complaint.

You cannot simply go straight to the FOS without allowing the bank to respond to a complaint....

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                            You cannot simply go straight to the FOS without allowing the bank to respond to a complaint....
                            And if the bank just ignores any communication, the poor customer has to wait for eight weeks before the Fobbing Off Service will even deign to start its fobbing off?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              And if the bank just ignores any communication, the poor customer has to wait for eight weeks before the Fobbing Off Service will even deign to start its fobbing off?
                              Personally, if they are even close to being 4 weeks without even an acknowledgement then I am very much at the Chief Executives team with a copy of the complaint and the fact that they have not even bothered to acknowledge it. That is my approach to things.
                              On this specific thread, if the OP has gone straight to the FOS without the bank even resolving or not resolving the complaint or effectively providing a final response then the FOS would throw it back at the bank to provide one prior to them getting involved.

Comment

Cough, I have to agree with Leclerc the first thing the FOS will ask is whether you have had a final response from the bank. Although as I have mentioned beforehand its best to take it all the way with the Bank as there is little to no guarantee that the FOS will give a positive result no matter how cast iron a case you have.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X